“Nice looking pub”
Review of W H Irwins

W H Irwins
Ranked #4 of 6 things to do in Cahir
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Visited Irwins on a sunday afternoon, although not many people in the pub the friendly atmosphere was evident and we immediately felt relaxed. The live band looked interesting and we will definately visit again when in Cahir.

1  Thank Darad

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Very Old pub with lots of charm. There are lots of nooks and crannies if you want some privacy. The Guinness was excellent. The pub has lots of antiques and memoribilia from bygone days.

1  Thank Homeraway33
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stopped in last week 11/7/12 for a quick pint after meeting some very distant relatives, wow what a suprise!! We met the nicest bunch of people in all of Ireland! After hitting all of the typical tourist attractions it was nice to be with the real locals in the heart of Ireland. Carolyn the owner was such a sweetheart introducing us to crowd and keeping our glasses full. She introduced me to a gentlemen named Joe W. who actually showed me my Family Tree dating back to 1901. This was a pricless moment and a memory that will stay with me forever!
If you're near Tipperary please go to Cahir and have a visit, tell them Matt from New Jersey sent you.
Also, we had a delicious meal down the road at The Galtee Inn, the meal was a perfect way to complete my experience, I recommend the Steak. Our waitress was so nice and just a warm individual, she actually gave us all a hug after dinner! That didn't happen in any other Resteraunt in Ireland! I love this place and will be back!!

1  Thank Matt107
Reviewed 20 September 2012

What a fantastic tradirtional irish pub, everyone is friendly and very inviting.
We were also given free postcards on our arrival to send back home to family and friends and after completing our postcards they were sent off for us as well.
such friendly staff and very helpful with directions and attractions,
highly suggest you call into this pub and see it for yourself.
We are an Australian couple and the publican showed us some interesting facts they had in the pub about Australia example - Ned Kellys father was caught selling two stolen pigs out the front of the pub and arrested and transported to Tasmania.
After telling the publican my surname was Doolan he contacted a fellow Doolan in the area and told him to come meet me at the pub!
Fantastic and would go back any day!

Reviewed 21 April 2012

chanced upon this gem of a pub in the centre of Cahir, co. Tipperary. Great atmosphere, friendly staff, ideal setting - Don't miss it! great irish coffee too