The Apple Camping & Caravan Park
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hearn's Hotel(Clonmel)
US$82
All reviewsapple juicefarm shopthe barnplumsworking farmstrawberriespool tablefree bottlelovely sitecider vinegaron arrivalfriendly campsitefruit treesstayed here last weekhidden gemeasy accesscup of tea
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting the shop on the apple farm for years and finally got a chance to stay here when we were heading west on a camping holiday.

We loved it. Well maintained sit, good facilities and lovely and quite.

Price was very reasonable too. Charges are only per person and no extra charges for facilities.

It was lovely to be able to walk around the farm in the evening.

I don't remember any cooking facilities but a large barn has plenty of sinks for washing and lots of picnic benches indoors where you can eat.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank joe201
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This is a place for all the family to relax. On arrival you find the rates are low and the service is high. You have full access to the fruit farm and shop. As you walk through the rows of apple trees, rasberry and strawberry rows you will never be able to stop yourself tasting the fruit, but keep an eye out for the local rabbit population who dart around just feet from you. The pitches are inbetween lovely trees with hard stand or grass.
You will enjoy it here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DenisJR001
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I saw this site on the Camping Ireland app and thought the location , a family run working apple farm , would be a lovely place to stop for the night whilst travelling through Tipperary .

Upon arrival an older lady, whom I presume is the site owner , saw me drive up yet walked away into the farm shop. I then entered the shop and she once again chose to ignore me but I gave her the benefit of the doubt and assumed she was busy . Another staff member , a young local girl , then asked if she could help. She was extremely polite and helpful , booking me in and showing me round the site .

I went back to the shop to buy some of the farm produce later in the evening and again was served politely my the young girl and ignored by the older Dutch lady.

After dinner, I noticed an old fashioned mangle in the campers kitchen which had a sticker on it advising that it was able to be used. I thought this very interesting and proceeded to show my young son how it worked. Only then did the Dutch lady approach me in an extremely rude way, telling me to stop 'playing with the mangle ' !!!
She was very brusque and cheeky and I felt so embarrassed as other campers were present .

My sons also heard another child being 'reprimanded' by the lady when alone in the tennis court.

If you want a welcoming, child friendly campsite - don't bother coming here.The owner is rude and obviously does not understand the hospitality industry. If I wanted the be verbally insulted I could do it without spending 25€ !!

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank fmg571
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Easy to find just a couple of miles off main trunk road and approximately 2.5mls from the town of Cahir (pronounced "care")This a gem of a site nestled in apple farm producing apple juice and cider vinegar also suppliers of cider vinagar for O'Donnell's crisps
This small site caters for tents,caravans & motorhomes excellent facilities for all with one of the sheds having table/benches,sinks,WiFi for all to use a shop on site sell all produce from farm the campsite is well kept and a very warm friendly Irish welcome awaits

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

It is a lovely place, has a lot going for it as a venue, but the lady who checked us in was not at all friendly and every time she crossed paths with my son she gave out to him for no reason, she gave out to him for cycling his bike, she gave out to him for walking up around the reception/shop area, she gave out to him for going near the Orchard area, and she even gave out to him for leaning against the pool table while he was taking a shot while playing pool with me, she was pretty unfriendly when we checked in, and every time we met her after that, I heard a good few other visitors complaining about the same lady that weekend, I won't be going back which is a shame, it's a nice place and at a good stop over position for a lot of journeys but she completely ruined that weekend away.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family