After a horrendous hostel experience the day before we were lucky to stumble upon this treasure. As soon as Mrs. Butler opened the door to her establishment and questioned my sanity of not having reservations with three children in tow I knew this was the place for us. We could not have found a better place to stay even if I had done months of research on Tripadvisor. Our three girls were so excited to stay here and everything was just wonderful. Our rooms were so clean (you could eat off the floor) and comfortable. The lounge was an oasis of tea, cookies and comfort for our girls. Breakfast was wonderful and memorable, our daughter is still talking about how good the eggs were. When we return to Ireland this will be on our definite list of places to return to and stay more than one night. Thank you Mrs. Butler!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic castellated (former bridewell prison) home. Bedrooms are in former cells and keeper's accommodation, with many original features, accessible via a cut-limestone staircase tower. A comfortable, spacious building overlooking the heritage town of Cahir, and encircled by a walled garden and extensive grounds. Architecturally listed and in family ownership since 1919. Centrally located in town: heritage amenities, restaurants and bus/train stations all within 5 minutes walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Carrigeen Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carrigeen Castle Hotel Cahir
- Carrigeen Castle Cahir, Ireland - County Tipperary