“Not a "regular"?”

lalaland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not a "regular"?”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

So it seems to be in order to enter this nightclub you have to be a regular? well let me ask, how can you be a "regular" if you're constantly turned away at the door by the bouncers for NO VALID REASON. Yes it seems like the bouncers here are on a maaaaajor power trip and refusing business from over 18's and 21's, even locals in bray! This to me is pathetic. The koo nightclub is part of the martello hotel in bray in which i've stayed in numerous times and yet I am still refused entry to the nightclub even though I am 21. An example of this is one of the personal experiences I've had: My friend and I wanted to head in one night for a change as we usually go to eclectic gardens. It was about 10.30pm and we walked up to the bouncers to which we were told we were simply told "no, sorry" then a big group walked right in passed us so we asked why were they allowed to which they said "oh theyre in their 30's" ehhh yeah so? since when is it illegal that a 19 and 21 year old cant drink alcohol and go to clubs? It is an absolute disgrace on the bouncers' part and they are purely pathetic. The club itself is crappy enough aswel and small. I would advise any other bar/club in Bray APART from the koo nightclub! DISGRACE!!

Visited August 2012
7 Thank heyLalaland

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great for a hens”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

great spot for hen party, lovely and helpful staff go out of their way to make it a night to remember A+

Visited June 2011
Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Change the Music, please !”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I don't go to night clubs that often but I do love to dance. Why do DJs have to play that repetitive music - does my head in especially when there's really good dance/pop tunes in the charts these days. I asked the DJ to play Insomina by Faithless and he mixed the intro to the song into whatever he was playing - very disappointing. DJs seem more interested in what they like. Yes everybody still dances because that's what we go to clubs to do - but please change the music.

Visited August 2011