“Carnivore's dream”

JD's Woodhouse
Price range: US$2 - US$31
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JD's Woodhouse is a sensational oakwood BBQ STEAKHOUSE. Tucked away behind the Holy Redeemer Church which can be accessed from Bray main street but also from the carpark on Herbert road. We specialize in steaks, seafood and poultry with a unique wood flamed flavour.
Dublin, Ireland
“Carnivore's dream”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

One word - Steak!

I've had the fillet steak a few times here, it's cooked on a woodfire grill and it gives it an unreal flavour. Outside of Dublin City Center I'd say it is the best steak you're going to get. I'm yet to try something here I haven't enjoyed. The Kofta Kebab is also very very good.

Its a small menu but it has no shortage of options. Well worth a look. I think the sauces are homemade also - they certainly didn't taste like they came out of a bottle, the pepper and bbq sauce are fantastic. The sides are great, creamed spinach and chips go great with pretty much everything.

It is a small enough place so may be worth contacting in advance if you plan a weekend visit but certainly do.

Thankfully the car park is right outside the door so when you're stuffed to the gills you can just fall into the car after a great feed!

• Visited July 2014

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice suprise!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had dinner here last night. Went for the ribs as the main course, have struggled to find a place where they serve ribs as a main so was happy to discover here and the ribs were delicious, my friend had the Steak which they were v happy with too. Was a nice surprise as we have not herd of here.

• Visited July 2014
Wicklow, Ireland
“Good steak, shame about the comfort levels”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Myself and my partner Ronan ate at JD's last night. When we arrived I was slightly disappointed as the Early Bird menu did not match the one on their website and the items that I was looking forward to having had been removed! However, there were several delicious sounding specials including Red Snapper.
Ronan and I both started with a half rack of ribs and then had a sirloin steak each. The ribs were divine and the steak was delicious with a gorgeous flame grilled taste and cooked to perfection. The homemade chunky chips would be amazing but unfortunately I am more of a skinny fries girl.
My main complaint about this little restaurant is the seating. They have banquette seating around the entire room and as it is too high for the tables, you end up bending over which gives you back ache.
However, if you can cope with a little back ache, I would certainly recommend this place for the steak alone and the service, although a little slow to begin with - there was one (very capable and friendly) waitress and 23 customers - was excellent.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Eleanor O
“JDs”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutley love JDs. I love the the decor the service and most of all the food. The place was spotless clean, the staff were very friendly and accommodating and the food was to die for. I will definitely return to JDs when im in Bray and ive been recommending it to everyone since ive been there.

“My birthday chicken ”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Went for my birthday and the place is lovely and quirky, small enough but has character, staff are friendly but I ordered the chicken and only noticed as I got into the middle of it that it was still raw, considering this could have led to considerable illness I felt the service could have been a bit better I was given a fresh dinner after and they apologised but I felt that out of courtesy they could have knocked off something I understand with the tough climate economically it wouldn't be ideal but I didn't enjoy my meal because of it and nothing was even said as we left, if I was the manager I would have done something to make up for the mistake as that's what I do in my job if a mistake that really shouldn't have happened happened, not sure id go back. Which is unfortunate as I love the location

2 Thank Sophie M