“The Jasmine House ... a great traditional Chinese”
Review of Jasmine House

Jasmine House
Ranked #39 of 97 Restaurants in Bray
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My Family, friends & I are all regulars of this quaint chinese restaurant in Bray, Co. Wicklow.
We vary from getting takeaways & sitting down for a meal, and without a doubt every time we go the food is just great...always hot, fresh and delicious.
The interior is really retro...done in old fashioned style booths. Some may say that the intereior design is dated and could do with a face lift but I say leave it as it is because it's been like that for many years and it really adds to the charm of the place It is spotlessly clean, the service is great and there's lots to choose from the menu. It also has a special on everyday (with no set time limit) that offers 2 courses for 14.95 which is great value.
This has been my favorite restaurant since i was young and I would honestly recommend it to everyone!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Dreadful experience. Went here for early bird with friend who is a coeliac. Waittress had NO English and got completely mixed up on what my friend could and couldn't have. Took ages to get an order in. Starters awful. Fatty duck spring rolls, tired ribs. For our mains we opted for the supplement of 2 euros each - for her to have the Cantonese duck with blackbean sauce and for me I asked for Fillet of Beef with black beacn sauce & green pepper. Took ages for the food to arrive. My dish was not sizzling, the beef was awful - asked waiter was it fillet, he said no. Then arrived back and said actually Yes - it certainly was not - it was lukewarm and awful. Rice fine. Friends duck was very dry, overcooked in a very greasy sauce. Wine grand. Bill came to 60 euros. Will never return. Very jaded place. Waitresses with no English.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

When the competition was less The Jasmine House was very popular. It has now become tired and unexciting. Standards are no more than average and basically you pay restaurant prices for takeaway food. It has a core loyal following but should be doing better things. Very good location but typical of a restaurant who thought the good times would last forever.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We decided to try the Jasmine House on a return visit to Bray. Used to go there many years ago when our children were small - always a treat for them. It was good to see that it was still there as so many restaurants come and go. However we were disappointed and felt the food was quite tasteless and didn't come up to expectations. Service was fast and pleasant but not the food as we remembered.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Last night in Bray,the long haired one decided it was Chinese.. no resistance from me as partial to a wee Chinese now and again, we were accompanied by the children and there partners(funny how yer kids in there late 20s become your children when daddy is paying).
We opted for the special menu which was 15.95 euro for two courses.. none of us had any alcohol as we had a rather long day on Sunday.. ( rough as a badgers) so large jugs of water were ordered and they brought six out when two would have been fine. So about the food, starters large spring rolls duck rolls chicken satay and spare ribs all were marked 10/10 mains were two chicken and black bean sauce two beef curries one Hong Kong sweet and sour and one pork and mixed vegetables in a hot spicy sauce.. so for the price the great service and I've got to say absolutely great food 10/10 highly recommend.. downside they take a service charge of 10% I'm not a fan.. I like to tip as I see fit, on this occasion I would have given a healthy tip as service was great..