“Interesting decor, poor service and average food”
Review of Platform Pizza Bar

Platform Pizza Bar
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Bray
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Platform Pizza Bar is a great place to enjoy fresh oven baked pizza. Made with Platform’s crisp pizza bases & created by our top chefs using the best local produce and freshest of ingredients.With a menu made to work with our top selection of craft beer & cocktails this is the perfect spot to enjoy a lunch, dinner or snack seven days a week. You'll know us by our yellow fire hydrant at the door
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Went to Platform Pizza late on a Saturday, at around 10pm. The place was buzzing, a good crowd in and a good atmosphere. There seemed to be plenty of staff but unfortunately they seemed to be very badly organised, and not to have assigned tables or areas. We had three staff members over to take orders in the first couple of minutes, then were ignored for long periods later in the night.
We were really looking forward to the food, after reading so many good reviews. The boneless chicken wings were unimpressive, and the pizza was mediocre. There were very few toppings on the pizza (it was supposed to have chilli flakes, couldn't taste any), the base was doughy and tough and the sauce and cheese were bland.
The cocktails were also very bland. The one's we ordered came with a shot of Prosecco on the side, which was completely flat. The beer selection is limited to expensive bottles of craft-type beers (€5.75 for a 330ml bottle), which were plonked down in front of the people who ordered them. We weren't even offered glasses - here's a hint, you shouldn't expect people to drink witbier like Hoegaarden out of the bottle!
Finally, when we were able to find someone to ask for the bill, we waited several minutes for it to arrive, then several minutes for someone to take our money, then several more minutes to get change back. We were about to ask for our change when a staff member came up to us, asked if we "needed our change" and when told we did, slapped it down on the table and walked off. We won't be going back!

2  Thank braystoners
There are newer reviews for Platform Pizza Bar

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The decor is absolutely amazing, the closet that brings you to the bathroom is just so imaginative.

The food is fantastic also, I had a sweet potato salad- presentation was great and it was delicious. Salad, side of potato's and glass of wine for €15.

Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I ate here with my wife and kid for the first time few weeks back on a friend recommendation. I have to say the interior is one of the best I came across in all my entire “Eating out Career”!! The room is spacious, the lights are cleverly and effectively studied, music not to loud, and there’s a sensation of cosiness from the moment you get in.
The food was great. We shared two chicken wings, the medium spicy and the hot spicy one. Even if we didn’t feel that the hot one were very hot, the quality of the wings was very good. For our main we had two pizza’s: margherita and another one with mushroom: they were both EXCELLET!!! Thin base, topped with good produce and light dough.
The only little critic is on the performance of the waiters/waitresses. I don’t want to be misunderstood: they’re all nice and smiling, but they’re not very present at the table and a bit disorganized. We had to ask for all our drinks (apart from the initial ones), we warned the waitress that we had finished our starters and we were ready for the mains, and at the beginning two different waitress came at the table (2 minutes apart from each other) to take our order. The other thing is the way the staff is dressed: I get the idea of let the staff going to work dressed casually, but at least it should be a little more monitored as especially one waitress, had a bit of a gypsy looking and her hair was very untied ( no offence intended for the gipsy or the waitress ).
I can’t remember how much we paid but I remember that it was good value for money.
I definitively recommend it for everyone strolling in Bray Seafront!!!!! I will go back soon!!!

1  Thank charlie s
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Had lunch here last week and I have to say it was delicious. Staff were so friendly and efficient. The food was top class and the pizza was one of the nicest I have had for a while. Had my 2 year old with me and he loved being fussed over by the girls serving. You have to go through a wardrobe door to get to the loo which we thought was really quirky ! Will definitely be returning soon. Great to see a top class pizzeria and such good value for money opened in Bray !

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went to Platform for our anniversary. We were both impressed with the atmosphere and ambience of the place from the moment we walked through the door. We shared Spitfire chicken wings - described as very hot - and both had rib eye steak for main course. The wings were tasty but nothing like spicy enough. If you order the hottest wings on the menu, you really expect them to be HOT! The steak was divine, although unfortunately not quite cooked correctly. We both ordered medium rare but received closer to medium. Neither of us are fussy enough to send it back but just a point to note. The homemade shoestring fries were gorgeous and the way the dish was served was fabulous. The pepper sauce does need to be slightly thicker though.
All in all we can't wait to go back and as we live in Bray, it won't be long until we return!