“First Class Find”

Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Platform Pizza Bar is a great place to enjoy fresh oven baked pizza. Made with Platform’s crisp pizza bases & created by our top chefs using the best local produce and freshest of ingredients.With a menu made to work with our top selection of craft beer & cocktails this is the perfect spot to enjoy a lunch, dinner or snack seven days a week. You'll know us by our yellow fire hydrant at the door
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Walked past this restaurant many times before deciding to visit one lunchtime. What a surprise!! It's lively, can be a bit noisy, but has character and excellent food. The menu is not what you might think in that there are lots of different salads, pizzas and other offerings. It's not the quickest service around but let them know you are tied for time and they will push it along.

It was so good I went back there twice more in November. Had a breakfast pizza the first time and thought it was great. The second time had a salad with chicken and it was super too. My teenage daughter wasn't wild about the choice but then she's a fussy eater. The wine list isn't extensive but then the price is keen so that's not a problem.

The one thing that sticks out is the trip to the loo! Now it's not often that I would comment on a visit to the lavatory in a review but this is rather special and obviously designed by someone with a sense of humour. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe springs to mind.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Will I be back? Probably not until the New Year - 2014. But I'll look forward to the visit.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Its fun! Its delicious! Its friendly! What more could you want?! I have heard great reviews about Platform so I was anxious to go and it certainly did not disappoint. A large group of us went so we were going to be an awkward bunch but the staff dealt with it great. They were extremely attentive and so friendly. We especially had two lovely ladies called Rebecca and Emily who were very professional and always served with a smile. The food was great, there wasn't a complaint at the tables at all. We shared an antipasti platter, calamari, boneless chicken wings, garlic bread and chicken flatbread. All beautiful. I'm quite fussy when it comes to calamari especially because I hate when its like rubber, this was so light and crisp it was gorgeous. We all got individual pizzas for main courses, I got the Chorizo and Stem Broccoli pizza. Really impressed, lovely crisp base with not too much cheese and perfect amount of sauce. For dessert I got the brownie, can't really go wrong there. The cheesecake I was told was also delicious. We all had something positive to say. The location is perfect for the beach nightlife, the inside of Platform is refreshing to have something so funky come to Bray.
Seriously delighted! Great value too! Will definitely be back! Would recommend to everyone but especially young people, group of friends or nice date night!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Went to Platform Pizza late on a Saturday, at around 10pm. The place was buzzing, a good crowd in and a good atmosphere. There seemed to be plenty of staff but unfortunately they seemed to be very badly organised, and not to have assigned tables or areas. We had three staff members over to take orders in the first couple of minutes, then were ignored for long periods later in the night.
We were really looking forward to the food, after reading so many good reviews. The boneless chicken wings were unimpressive, and the pizza was mediocre. There were very few toppings on the pizza (it was supposed to have chilli flakes, couldn't taste any), the base was doughy and tough and the sauce and cheese were bland.
The cocktails were also very bland. The one's we ordered came with a shot of Prosecco on the side, which was completely flat. The beer selection is limited to expensive bottles of craft-type beers (€5.75 for a 330ml bottle), which were plonked down in front of the people who ordered them. We weren't even offered glasses - here's a hint, you shouldn't expect people to drink witbier like Hoegaarden out of the bottle!
Finally, when we were able to find someone to ask for the bill, we waited several minutes for it to arrive, then several minutes for someone to take our money, then several more minutes to get change back. We were about to ask for our change when a staff member came up to us, asked if we "needed our change" and when told we did, slapped it down on the table and walked off. We won't be going back!

2  Thank braystoners
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The decor is absolutely amazing, the closet that brings you to the bathroom is just so imaginative.

The food is fantastic also, I had a sweet potato salad- presentation was great and it was delicious. Salad, side of potato's and glass of wine for €15.

Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I ate here with my wife and kid for the first time few weeks back on a friend recommendation. I have to say the interior is one of the best I came across in all my entire “Eating out Career”!! The room is spacious, the lights are cleverly and effectively studied, music not to loud, and there’s a sensation of cosiness from the moment you get in.
The food was great. We shared two chicken wings, the medium spicy and the hot spicy one. Even if we didn’t feel that the hot one were very hot, the quality of the wings was very good. For our main we had two pizza’s: margherita and another one with mushroom: they were both EXCELLET!!! Thin base, topped with good produce and light dough.
The only little critic is on the performance of the waiters/waitresses. I don’t want to be misunderstood: they’re all nice and smiling, but they’re not very present at the table and a bit disorganized. We had to ask for all our drinks (apart from the initial ones), we warned the waitress that we had finished our starters and we were ready for the mains, and at the beginning two different waitress came at the table (2 minutes apart from each other) to take our order. The other thing is the way the staff is dressed: I get the idea of let the staff going to work dressed casually, but at least it should be a little more monitored as especially one waitress, had a bit of a gypsy looking and her hair was very untied ( no offence intended for the gipsy or the waitress ).
I can’t remember how much we paid but I remember that it was good value for money.
I definitively recommend it for everyone strolling in Bray Seafront!!!!! I will go back soon!!!

1  Thank charlie s