“excellent 2 night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Strand Hotel

Strand Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bray
Strand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bray
“excellent 2 night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Myself and my partner along with our baby daughter stayed here last minute, the bed clothes were clean and fresh and we could not fault this place in anyway Barry was an excellent manager who could not do enough for us, he was friendly and polite at all times and nothing was too much trouble for him, the staff were also very friendly and accommodating.
We had and excellent couple of days and we will definitely stay here again.
The food in the restaurant both at breakfast and lunch times was fantastic and very good value for money.
I would not hestitate to recommend this place to my family and friends and look forward to returning in the near future.
Thanks to all
Edward McBride & Michelle McSherry

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank emb357

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Came here on the 20th July for the airshow. The owners of the hotel are so friendly, they can't do enough for you, anything you need just ask. Room was spacey and beautiful view of the promenade, breakfast was spot on, anything u wanted, from fruit, cereal, wheaten bread, scrambled egg, boiled egg or even the full fry up. Also had lunch one day and it was really nice, southern fried chicken fillet with chips and salad, reasonably priced. This hotel isn't your 5* accommodation but it's definitely got 5* hosts. Can't wait for my next visit.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank angela m
Waterford, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

stayed for 1 night here.......hotel may b a bit dated but staff v nice..had room at top ...it was clean.bed linen was fresh as was towels...kettle and coffee was laid on in room...had breekie next morn.orange juice and full fry..no complaints..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
3 Thank patty386
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We visited as a family on Sunday during the Air show. I was delighted to see a sign outside offering Carvery lunches and also to get seats at the front of the lounge looking out onto the seafront from which we could still see the air show.

However when I went to order food I was very disappointed to discover that all meals contained chips and salad with no other healthier options available. I ordered fish, chips and salad and although I was very hungry and eat most things, I found it very hard to eat. The batter of the fish was soggy with a burnt end and when I cut it off to eat the fish inside, it was a bright yellow colour on the inside. The chips contained lots of scrappy bits that you would not eat, the coleslaw wasn't nice and the salad mainly consisted of tomatoes and cucumber which had been dressed in oil. It was very poor quality to be honest. The price was good, at €11 for adults and €5 but was not really a benefit as the quality was so poor.

My husband got lasagna, chips and salad. Lasagna portion size was very small but he found it to be okay. My kids got chicken nuggets and chips. One child complained the nuggets were not nice, the other who eats anything didn't complain.

I ate as much of my meal as I could and left to go outside to wait for the others as I really felt the need to escape! I will not be returning, needless to say!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank ADYKY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Have came here since I was a baby. My family love it and so do I. The owners are great. Margaret and John are so nice. The breakfasts are outstanding, plenty of value for money. The rooms maybe abit dated but that doesn't matter to me, it's a home from home. There is quite a lot of stairs so wouldn't recommend for anyone with difficulties saying that my dad has breathing difficulties and the stairs don't stop him from coming here. The location is spot on straight infront of the promenade. The bar is really nice downstairs and their carvery is lovely. They are child friendly which is a real bonus. Would definitely recommend any one to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
      Rooms
1 Thank angela m
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were in Bray over the weekend and visited the Strand Hotel Lounge for their Carvery.

The bar is dated could do with a bit of a lift. Feels very drab and dead. Every place we passed along the promenade was packed except for this one.

We went to the carvery to be served by a gentleman who was sweating wearing a pair or trousers and shirt. Is there no chef? I had the lasagne which the man attempted to dress the plate professionally but was a major fail. Presentation of the food was extremely poor. It did taste good though! Portion control is tight, the piece of lasagne that I was served was the size that would be served on a childrens portion. Not sufficient for an adult.

This restaurant appears to lack direction or at least it did yesterday. The waitress seemed very friendly, but considering there was a group of us never asked was our food good or would we like anything else. Surely a missed selling opportunity?

This is a hotel located in a prime spot on the promenade. But feels drab and dreary. The bar/restaurant area could do with a facelift. But the main point to note would be that this place needs its Chef to be at the carvery. The man that served us should stick to whatever job he normally does, and leave the food to the professionals!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank D8Venturer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

Service was excellent,food was excellent,friendly staff ,great place with a great atmosphere.an old fashioned but lovely little place,central location and value for money....overall it a lovely relaxing friendly place

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank Caroleppppppp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bray
The Martello Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,905 reviews
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Strand Hotel? Share your experiences!