“Nice hotel but disapointed no food after 19.45”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Wilton Hotel Bray

Wilton Hotel Bray
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bray
“Nice hotel but disapointed no food after 19.45”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have stayed in this hotel inclusive 16th-19th of Dec2013 room 507. On my arrival the first night, I was informed food stopped servicing at 19.45 which was fine and I would know for duration of my stay. On second night had food at 19.20 after finishing work. Arrived back third night(tonight) at 19.30 and I was informed kitchen was closed. I spoke with a blonde girl and said it was 19.45 I understood. Eventually she made me a sandwich. While sitting down then eating, a few others came in and were checking in and I could also hear them asking for food. They were informed that they had stopped serving. Most hotels I stay in which is average two nights a week(business related) are open till 21.00-21.30. After I had finished I went upto reception to offer advice and to note this on there website so people are not let down on arrival and left hungary. There alternative iwas four star or dominos Pizza. People don't normally stay in hotels to then have to order pizza. The lady behind reception then informed me that they stopped serving food in the winter at 19.45. I informed her(lady with grey hair) that I had arrived at 19.30 and she was sitting in the lounge area with a younger lady eating at my time of me asking for dinner and she ws nearly beside me also. She then apologised and in my view didn't mean it because I caught her out about the time of dinner finishing. I was here at 19.30. Not very impressed. I also brought a work colleague for lunch both days which was in my view extra business. The food is very good and reasonable except for the sandwich I got which was 8e for ham and cheese and a cup of tea. Just wished they were more understading and appreciated of the business I gave them because I will think twice next time.

Room Tip: check before you book for meal times so you don't end up disapointed on arrival
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chalky2005
Mon_Jessica, Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that about this incident during your stay with us. I would like to apologise for this as food should have been available till 19.45(winter hours). Please contact us info@wiltonhotelbray.com to discuss this matter in more detail.

Jessica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed here for 1 night for a work party... I was greeted by a very nice receptionist and given a nice room. they room was warm and large.. with a huge bed... really nice and relaxing.

The breakfast room was very nice, a good choice of hot and cold food.. and everything was fresh.

Would stay here again !!

Room Tip: check their early bird room rate - I got a Superior room for the same price as a double.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Seanky
Manager_at, Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Hello Seanky,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review on our hotel. I am happy to here you enjoyed your stay and will return. We pride ourselves on our breakfast buffet and am happy you enjoyed this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

With a family of 6 it is not always easy to find somewhere that we can all stay without having to take several rooms. We took one of the family rooms that slept all 6 of us. The room was plenty big enough with a sitting area in front of the TV for us all to relax in. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. It was obvious that the hotel has been well used (in places the decor was tired and the fixtures fraying around the edges) but this would not put us off from coming back. It was very cheap for what we got so in that sense you do get what you pay for. Staff were very friendly and food great value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DoctorVini
Hello PapaVincent,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Wilton Hotel. I am very happy to hear you and you family enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to have such large family rooms to cater for families over 4 . We are constantly trying to upgrade the hotel and are making small changes continuously to update the décor.
Thank you for your lovely comments on the staff and food. We look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.

County Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Nice room and good food. However the noise of traffic is considerable. I had earplugs but the security man on a walkie talkie at 5 am woke me . In the shower I switched from hot to cold and couldn't get any hot water again. Reception not available to ask at 7 am. Cold shower and lack of sleep did not make for a relaxing night.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kate38000
Dear Kate,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review as we appreciate all feedback which can help the hotel to keep improving our services.
I am sorry to hear your stay was disappointing due to Noise and cold water. I'm surprised to hear on your review about the security man as he does not carry a walkie talkie and our reception desk opening at 7am as it is a 24 hour reception desk.
Again I would like to thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I took my husband back to Ireland as a surprise for his 40th Birthday along with our 5 year old daughter for 5 nights, after searching through the various hotels in Bray I decided on staying at the Bray Wilton Hotel and also to hold the dinner party for 33 members of family, I am so glad I did, the best decision I could have made. This hotel is AMAZING!!!. Our room was very large, clean and comfortable , I requested a fridge at the time of booking and this was also in our room on arrival. Booking in was very fast and easy, also a great welcome on arrival. Our room was on the first floor and the lift was very handy especially with all of our suitcases and bags. We had 2 single beds and a double bed, along with a settee and chair and a coffee table, also a very large wardrobe with plenty of drawers. There was a nice little dressing table with mirror and hairdryer for putting makeup on/getting ready etc. The bathroom was very clean and had a bath and a very powerful shower, also plenty of mirrors for getting ready. The TV reception was great and we had free Wi-Fi the whole time.
The breakfast here was brilliant, a huge choice from pastry's, fresh fruit (water melon, grapes, pineapple, grapefruit etc) , fruit juices, yogurt, cereals, porridge, more varieties of bread than I can mention, the main one being fresh baguette every morning and the very tasty FULL Irish breakfast (3 different sorts of eggs) - I am sure I have missed lots of things because there was such a large variety. We also ate dinner at the hotel a few nights and were very pleased (the pepper sauce is too die for!!!)
The dinner party - I was able to create my own menu from a list given to me by the hotel and also to add a few extras, which was no problem at all to them. I supplied the hotel with the decorations and they very kindly arranged these in the room for me without even asking. Everybody who came also agreed the food and restaurant was lovely.
The staff at the Bray Wilton Hotel are so very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them, they go the extra step to make your stay with them exceptional.
I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and I have very high expectations. We will definitely be staying here again.
Just to note - A family member stayed at a hotel close by and wished they had stayed at this hotel instead.

Room Tip: Any large family room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TaraK9
HeleOReilly, Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Hi Tara,

Many thanks for your glowing review on your stay at the Wilton Hotel. I am delighted to hear that your months of planning paid off in the end, It was an absolute pleasure to look after you and your family and that the surprise for your husband was kept till the very end.

I happy to hear that you found the accommodation suitable for your needs and we are so looking forward to welcoming you back in May next year and have made sure you will be given the same room :)

If there is anything else we can do in the meantime please let us know and hope fully we will have a few more spicy options on the menu for your little girl.

Looking forward to seeing you and the family again.

Karen and All the team.
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed in the Wilton in oct 13 for a 5 night stay and this was our second visit here . I would highly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay .The Hotel is in a great location and is very comfortable , have all is needed in them and very clean. the food is excellent from breakfast to lunch to dinner and great value for money.. And for us the staff are only brilliant and did everything possible to make out stay a real pleasure and are a credit to the hospitality industry .to sum up a really 5 star stay and we look forward to our next stay .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom C
Hello Tom,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am happy to hear you will highly recommend the hotel and found it a great place to stay.
Many thanks for you kind words on our staff :) Its great to hear you had a 5 star stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back and in the future.

Drogheda, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights with hubby. Was really looking forward to it as the website looked good. There is no atmosphere in this hotel. The bar is tiny and boring. We had intended to spend the whole weekend in hotel but on arrival thought differently. We only slept in it. The bed was really comfortable and shower great. But bathroom needs some attention. Very dated. We had dinner in hotel one night but had to eat on our own in restaurant as no one else booked. Speaks volumes. Don't think it was the worse hotel ever but it does need attention in many ways. Staff not efficient enough. The staff tend not to notice you standing there!!!!! If you just want somewhere to put your head, ok. Fun, no!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Breezer69
HeleOReilly, Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Hi Breezer69,

Many thanks for your feedback on your stay with us.

I am disappointed to here that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I wish you had of brought your issues to the attention of the manager on duty or reception team and they would had done their up most efforts to rectify any problems.

As you can understand we are now into the winter season and the majority of our guests are sole travellers who prefer to either eat in the bar or have room service hence the reason you found yourselves alone in the dining room, we give all guests the option to have their meal in the bar or dining area and most go for the bar.

We are a very small team here at the Wilton and work extremely hard to make sure all our guests have an enjoyable stay with us and I apologies that you felt the staff were not efficient enough.

I will bring your feedback up on the next management meeting.

Kind regards
Karen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bray
The Martello Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,932 reviews
Summerhill House Hotel
Summerhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry

Been to Wilton Hotel Bray? Share your experiences!