“Privacy policy?”
Review of Wilton Hotel Bray

Wilton Hotel Bray
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bray
Reviewed 7 February 2014

For the one night I stayed in this hotel, it was warm, comfortable, quiet, clean, lots of hot water and within easy access by car to Bray centre. I booked on-line thought this website for €59, so good value. I only had cereal, tea and toast for breakfast but there was a buffet and cooked breakfast included.
My main reason for writing this review is to do with my full name and room number being on public display in the restaurant wall during breakfast! Residents have a right to privacy and I think this practice is unacceptable. I commented on it to the receptionist when I was checking out upon which she said she'd relay the message to the management .... so management, please take heed! There's a very simple resolution to it in the provision of a 'staff access only' folder with residents' details in it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank SMcG1234
There are newer reviews for Wilton Hotel Bray

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Everything except location is absolutely FANTASTIC at the Wilton Hotel in Bray. Our guide told us the hotel was right by the beach....and it is only a brisk thirty minute walk away. We made the trek because we wanted to see the boardwalk, but we forgot it was Sunday. EVERYTHING is closed on the boardwalk except the casino on a Sunday. None of that was the Wilton Hotel's fault though. The Wilton is beautiful, the rooms are nice and the service fantastic. They are a little stingy with towels, but that might have been because they were fully booked and our group was rather large.
After walking back from the beach in a cold downpour, I decided to try an Irish coffee from the bar. Fantastic, too. I'd definitely stay at the Wilton Hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ymbl
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We live locally, but staying at the Wilton for a few days while we move house.
Good value. Spotlessly clean, especially the en-suite. Quiet. Good size room.
Friendly, efficient service. Excellent choice at breakfast. Bar food in the early evenings, tasty and good value - if you don't want to venture out. Some nice dining options in Greystones, about a 4 mile drive south.
The Wilton is well-located for a trip to Dublin City centre. But don't drive.The 84X bus from close-by takes about 1 hour max right to centre. Local bus to train station for DART to town. Worth taking the DART back from town on a sunny day for the views of Bray Head and Killiney Bay. Get a seat on the east (sea) side of the train.
The hotel is a good base also for driving around North County Wicklow.
Tiny gripe: stale tobacco odour when we opened the room door.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pgbDublin
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I worried about some of the reviews suggesting this place was scruffy. Our family room was very clean. Yes, there were occasional stains on carpet/couch but that aside it was all definitely well cleaned! The room was very big, we had 2 large doubles and two singles. Linen on beds and in bathroom all immaculate. Beds and pillows to firm for my hubby, they were a bit, but that's personal choice I guess. Bathroom no extractor fan or window, again more hotel's problem don't know how they manage damp/mould, but was not a problem for us during our stay. I found reception staff bland but we had no particular difficulties with check-in/out.

We walked to local restaurant in Bray town (The Martello) took about 20-25 mins with our young teenagers. There are loads of local taxi companies if that suits you better or the night is wet.

Their breakfast is good. Self serve selection, topped up regularly. Don't stay here if you want to be waited by on hand & foot but great for self serve and sort yourself! Food fresh and not greasy - and I'm very fussy about that. I would definitely stay here again, hope it's as good the next time. Would recommend for a short family break.

Room Tip: I think some rooms may be quite small. (we had large family room). If this important for you maybe c...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Geordieingalway
Reviewed 1 January 2014

just back from spending new years eve at the wilton hotel bray with my family ...
had a lovely time the rooms were lovely clean and spacious the food was lovely and the service was very good no long waits for food ... we were in room 507 a lovely room huge bed the staff were very pleasant especially the manager stephen so helpful and cheerful ... overall this hotel is modern bright clean and welcoming ...the only negative thing i would say is the music for new years eve was bad and needs to be reviewed there was no atmosphere with the choice of music the guy was playing it needed someone to really get the crowd going with some 60s up to today choice of music ..... would stay there again for short stay

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Mon_Jessica, Manager at Wilton Hotel Bray, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Wilton hotel. I am happy to hear you found the food good and staff pleasant.
I have taken your comments on board with regard to the music on new years eve.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Kind Regards
Jessica

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Just back from a great 2 days at the Wilton. Lovely friendly and helpful staff particularly the lady on reception. Food and drinks on new years eve were very good. Great location for walkers. Will be back. Thanks

Room Tip: 201 was good with nice view
Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I'll start with the good, the receptionist on arrival was an absolute joy. She was friendly and helpful and honestly the best thing about the hotel.
Walking to our room we noticed a very strong damp smell all among the corridor. The hotel was dull and while it was obviously not busy we were put in a room as far from reception as was possible.
We were out for the evening when we returned we were straight to bed but woken a number of times as the fire alarm was going off. We rang reception and were told there was nothing they could do it was a fault and basically tough.

We missed our breakfast as we were so exhausted from being woken so many times during the night. So I can't comment on how good bad or indifferent it was.

On check out my partner mentioned the alarm issue again and was greeted with the same attitude as the night before, nothing we can do. If I had been paying there is no way I would have paid for the room. No offer of any discount or anything. Absolutely disgraceful service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stierdafa

Hello Stierdafa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to hear you did not have a good experience while staying at the Wilton Hotel

It is great to here such positive reviews about the receptionist and I will pass these onto the team.

Please accept my apologies for the fire alarm going off and affecting your stay in such a negative way with us. Unfortunately this is beyond our control and is safety feature in the hotel.

Our apologies for any upset caused to you and your partner. If you wish to discuss it further please do contact us on 01 2760258.

Kind Regards
Jessica

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bray
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club
#1 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy
Summerhill House Hotel
Summerhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry

Been to Wilton Hotel Bray? Share your experiences!