“We really enjoyed another lovely weekend at the Wilton”
Review of Wilton Hotel Bray

Wilton Hotel Bray
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bray
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I have just returned from another lovely weekend at the Wilton Hotel. We got a fantastic deal on a Leisure Break which offered two nights bed and breakfast with a two course dinner with wine for an incredible €158.00 for the total stay - beat that for value!

We have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions now and have always found it and its staff to be warm and welcoming. The rooms are spacious and comfy - particularly welcoming on the chilly evening of our arrival.

Breakfast on both mornings provided a great choice whilst our dinner in the bar on Saturday night was delicious.

I know that some reviewers describe the hotel as "tired" or "in need of updating", but in my opinion the rooms are always spotlessly clean and comfortable and the communal areas are well and pleasantly furnished. With the room rates/packages on offer, this hotel represents superb value for money.

I had requested a fridge for our room as my husband has a lactose intolerance and has to bring his own non-dairy products with him when we travel. Although there wasn't a fridge available (our reservation was last minute in fairness to the hotel), they were more than happy to store these items in the hotel fridge for him.

The only suggestion I might offer on this occasion to the hotel, is that they either turn off the stereo in the dining room at breakfast or switch the channel to something more soothing. We were "treated" to some incredibly annoying and loud dance music on the first morning of our stay. In the end we couldn't tolerate it, so we had to ask the waitress to turn it down or off - which she did immediately.

But aside from that little matter, we had a great stay and have just booked our return visit in May. Well done to Helen and her team - you are all terrific!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard if possible, as they are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alcudiafan
There are newer reviews for Wilton Hotel Bray

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We decided to try here for food as we live near by we were pleasantly surprised. The food is really gorgeous and such good value. We had a 3 course meal for €20 and it was lovely the staff are so friendly and nice, there is so much potential for them to Market their food here as we never knew they served such a nice menu until we looked on line, Well worth a visit. Hotel itself is nice and modern in the lobby. We will be back again, we were in the Bar but believe they also have a meal deal in the restuarant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dodged
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and we were pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the reception of the staff after a long day of travelling to our destination.
Rooms were nice , clean and adequate for our short stay ( 2 adults and 2 kids) ... Food was good too ... Overall good hotel in Bray and worth a visit if stating in the area

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 7 February 2014

For the one night I stayed in this hotel, it was warm, comfortable, quiet, clean, lots of hot water and within easy access by car to Bray centre. I booked on-line thought this website for €59, so good value. I only had cereal, tea and toast for breakfast but there was a buffet and cooked breakfast included.
My main reason for writing this review is to do with my full name and room number being on public display in the restaurant wall during breakfast! Residents have a right to privacy and I think this practice is unacceptable. I commented on it to the receptionist when I was checking out upon which she said she'd relay the message to the management .... so management, please take heed! There's a very simple resolution to it in the provision of a 'staff access only' folder with residents' details in it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank SMcG1234
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Everything except location is absolutely FANTASTIC at the Wilton Hotel in Bray. Our guide told us the hotel was right by the beach....and it is only a brisk thirty minute walk away. We made the trek because we wanted to see the boardwalk, but we forgot it was Sunday. EVERYTHING is closed on the boardwalk except the casino on a Sunday. None of that was the Wilton Hotel's fault though. The Wilton is beautiful, the rooms are nice and the service fantastic. They are a little stingy with towels, but that might have been because they were fully booked and our group was rather large.
After walking back from the beach in a cold downpour, I decided to try an Irish coffee from the bar. Fantastic, too. I'd definitely stay at the Wilton Hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ymbl
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We live locally, but staying at the Wilton for a few days while we move house.
Good value. Spotlessly clean, especially the en-suite. Quiet. Good size room.
Friendly, efficient service. Excellent choice at breakfast. Bar food in the early evenings, tasty and good value - if you don't want to venture out. Some nice dining options in Greystones, about a 4 mile drive south.
The Wilton is well-located for a trip to Dublin City centre. But don't drive.The 84X bus from close-by takes about 1 hour max right to centre. Local bus to train station for DART to town. Worth taking the DART back from town on a sunny day for the views of Bray Head and Killiney Bay. Get a seat on the east (sea) side of the train.
The hotel is a good base also for driving around North County Wicklow.
Tiny gripe: stale tobacco odour when we opened the room door.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pgbDublin
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I worried about some of the reviews suggesting this place was scruffy. Our family room was very clean. Yes, there were occasional stains on carpet/couch but that aside it was all definitely well cleaned! The room was very big, we had 2 large doubles and two singles. Linen on beds and in bathroom all immaculate. Beds and pillows to firm for my hubby, they were a bit, but that's personal choice I guess. Bathroom no extractor fan or window, again more hotel's problem don't know how they manage damp/mould, but was not a problem for us during our stay. I found reception staff bland but we had no particular difficulties with check-in/out.

We walked to local restaurant in Bray town (The Martello) took about 20-25 mins with our young teenagers. There are loads of local taxi companies if that suits you better or the night is wet.

Their breakfast is good. Self serve selection, topped up regularly. Don't stay here if you want to be waited by on hand & foot but great for self serve and sort yourself! Food fresh and not greasy - and I'm very fussy about that. I would definitely stay here again, hope it's as good the next time. Would recommend for a short family break.

Room Tip: I think some rooms may be quite small. (we had large family room). If this important for you maybe c...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Geordieingalway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bray
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club
#1 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy
Summerhill House Hotel
Summerhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry

Been to Wilton Hotel Bray? Share your experiences!