“Just a little whine”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Just a little whine”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

After having two very good pizzas and a good rigatoni I ordered a glass of pinot grigio and the waitress arrived with a glass of white wine and said that all the pinot grigio was gone and that this glass was some other type of white Italian wine as she put it on the table.I felt a bit under pressure to take something that I had not ordered and felt that I should have been made aware of the lack of pino grigio before having an alternative placed in front of me,a small complaint that would not stop me going back but I thought a bit sneaky and next time I will be ready.

2 Thank Noel M

Dublin
“First Class”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Dined here with work colleagues and opted for the Cheap and Chic menu. A 4 course meal for €20! I expected small portions, as happens in other restaurants. Not here, plenty of bread and an amuse bouche kept us occupied while we waited on our starters. There is a good selection of reasonably priced wines and soft drinks are also reasonably priced when compared to other establishments.

The food was just excellent. Portions were generous and the Millefoglie di pollo starter was outstanding. I was looking forward to mains and they did not disappoint. At this point some were wondering if they would manage dessert but in the end we did. Again the desserts were excellent. The restaurant itself is really nice, the staff were very attentive and there was no feeling of being rushed and before we knew it 4 hours had flown by.

The total bill for 6 people, including 2 bottles of an excellent house red, soft drinks, a few beers and coffees all around came to €233 including service charge. A nice touch at the end of the evening was when the chef came out and spoke with us to get our opinions on our dining experience. This was followed by limoncello for anyone who wanted one.

I am looking forward to my next visit already.

Belfast
“Faultless food and superb service”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

After a bad start to our trip to Bray (very poor hotel) we weren't expecting much from the town or its restaurants - but were we in for a shock !
From the moment we crossed the door it was a delightful experience.
A very warm welcome from the staff (who all seem to be Italian). A jug of ice water quickly appeared with the menus and a bottle of the house wine followed very quickly after - for house wine it was just beautiful !
A basket of fresh warm breads arrived while we decided on our food - and as we were extremey hungry and ate it within minutes - another basket arrived !
The food was just fantastic - the pasta was obviously freshly made on the premises and my dish of pasta with lobster (given the choice of in or out of the shell) and prawns was truly the best meals I have every had (and I`ve dined in some so called top restaurants in London). The lobster was moist and full of flavour and the prawns were juicy and plump - and there was plenty of both. I had pistachio pannacotta which was light and creamy. I honesty cant remember what my friend had as I was so interested in my own food but I know she cleaned the plate so it was equally as good.
Before we left we asked the head waiter if there was a shop nearby where we could buy some ice - he sent to the kitchen and brought us a bag to save us the bother - now that's service !
FANTASTIC PLACE - go you wont be disappointed ! We intend to be back again as we almost fell off our seats watching other diners food arriving and it all looked amazing ! I think next time there`ll be elasticated waist bands for us !

1 Thank Roberta B
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Party at Campo de' Fiori”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

On Friday last, I had a family get-together for my birthday and chose Campo de’ Fiori as the venue.

During the summer (July 2013) I went there for a meal with my dad. I can't remember what main course I ate but the panna cotta I had for dessert will forever remain in my memory. It was pistachio-flavoured and absolutely divine.

The restaurant itself has a very welcoming atmosphere - the lighting is perfect and the music is pleasant. The management and staff are very accommodating. In the weeks before the meal, I had visited to discuss where we would sit and what menus we would choose from.

Campo de’ Fiori have a function room in the form of their wine bar next door but we opted for the space just to the right of the entrance on their suggestion. We were a group of 12, so it suited perfectly - we were both a part of and separate from the main restaurant, just the right combination! There are three ‘Party Deal’ set menus, all of which had a great selection of dishes and were good value.

On the night, both the manager and the waiting staff looked after us extremely well and the chef provided us with delicious food (we had olives, bread, antipasti, seafood, steak, chicken, pasta, pizza, kids' menus - nearly everything there was on offer!). Our fare was cooked well, delicately flavoured and beautifully presented.

I can't give this place enough thanks (or enough stars on this review!) for the fantastic food- and fun-filled night myself and my family enjoyed there.

Would recommend to anyone :)

1 Thank Heather F
Ireland
“great for a chat and a snack”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I love their coffee. Have had the pizza and it was good but haven't tried anything else only their cookies. Service is good but had one bad experience last year where I waited a long time to pay my bill. Sat back down and ALMOST forgot to pay, was very embarrassing .

Visited January 2014