“Wonderful, memorable experience!!”

Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Killiney
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If you ever dreamed of spending the night in a castle, being treated like royalty, I highly recommend The Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel. All the members of the staff are so eager to please!! I arrived hours before check-in time, and they allowed me to check in early. I had looked forward to eating in the Dungeon, and the food was beyond belief! My meal included the best Caesar salad in the world! My room was elegant and comfortable with a great view, and I had a magnificent nights' sleep. The hotel is in an historic old building, which is part of its' charm, but is equipped with the latest amenities, including a kick-butt fitness center and sparkling pool. I will always remember my night in the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel! Someday I hope to go back! (My actual stay was in August of 2011)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Mark S, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Drea risa1014,

Thank you for your kind comments.

It is heartening to read of the stay you had and I am delighted that the team here were able to make your stay so memorable.

Hopefully you will make it back to us again.

General Manager & Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a three night break. We had a wonderful stay. Really comfy beds. Lovely bed linens. Amazing food. All the staff where so attentive. Food as usual top class. Overall we give the hotel 100 per cent. This was my third visit and the hotel is consistently good. Can't wait to return. Thanks to everyone for a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Nanasandie,

Thank you for reviewing your return stay with us.

I was delighted to read of your experience during your 3 stays with us and we look forward to welocming you back agin.

Thank you very much for your repeat business and kind comments about the team here.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel last weekend for 2 nights. Lovely hotel and staff very friendly and helpful. However our bedroom was very dusty ie headboard white with thick dust as was the alarm clock and Service Directory. I had to ask Reception to send someone up to reclean the room for us! Not acceptable when their rates are rather high! The balcony also could do with some attention - dirty and rusty. We are staying again next weekend so hopefully our bedroom will be gleaming!!! Overall though the hotel is lovely and really enjoyed lounging on the lawn having a cool beverage from the Lawn Bar - great concept!:) and looking forward to it again next weekend - weather permitting.
All in all would recommend this hotel, just review bedroom cleanliness please!

3  Thank deborah g
Mark S, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear deborah g,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I must apologise for the dust in your room. This should never be an issue and I will be addressing this with our Accommodation Manager to ensure this does not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming you back this weekend and if there is anything I can do for you in advance of your stay please don't hesitate to contact me on mark.sl@fitzpatricks.com

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was undoubtedly one fine place in its day and still shows a lot of elegance in it's decor and furnishings. It was cleaned regularly and the staff were attentive while we were there. I agree with a previous poster however when he asks if the place is going downhill. It's an old place and could do with some major remodeling - particularly plumbing. We were there for two weeks and SAW THE RED FOX!

2  Thank David H

Dear David H,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and choosing the Castle for your stay.

As you may have read in the reviews below we are currently investing heavily in bedrooms, bathrooms and public areas and we will continue to do so in the next year.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and thank you for your kind words about our team here.

Hopefully we will get the chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stunning location overlooking Dublin Bay. Beautiful grounds. Hotel is very much in keeping with the 'olde worlde' castle experience, which is striking and classy, but with all the modern touches. Staff were attentive and friendly. Our room was amazing, with a view right from the bed out over the bay. Free wi-fi, flat screen tv. Great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. Quality of breakfast was very good, only small gripe would be the buffet breakfast wasn't very warm, however there was a good selection of food and the service was good. Would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with sea views, it is just heavenly !
1  Thank hotelstays1

Dear hotelstays1,

I was delighted to read of your experience during your recent stay with us at the Castle.
I will be passing on your review to the team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and granddaughter stayed here for the last 2 nights of an Ireland visit, and we were very impressed and loved the place. We had a room with two beds and it was HUGE! I mean huge by American standards - not by European standards. It was at least 400 sq ft and was well furnished. The bathroom was also huge and the room had all the amenities you would need. The Hotel also has several dining rooms which we frequented - the food was very good and not too pricey for a hotel. We were very impressed with the staff, the service, and the hotel itself.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear nijifrank,

Thank you for your kind words which I was delighted to read.

I appreciate the kind comments about the hotel and in particular the team here who are a great credit to the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This Hotel was once a highly recommended place to eat and stay but alas it has been in decline for some time.
I have frequented this Hotel on a regular basis for meetings etc and I would have to say that the once proud tradition of Fitzpatricks has long passed.
There is a distinct odour in the reception area and the decor in the residents lounge/bar area is to say the least shabby. The seats which were once plush and comfortable are now soiled and dirty.
Some of the easy chairs are torn and ripped and certainly should NOT be on view and in use.
One wonders if this is how they present their image to the paying customer, what must the areas that are not visible be like ????
In short some one is not doing their job right and a once lovely Hotel is now going downhill !
The staff (when you could find them) were very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Dave M

Dear Dave M,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We have invested heavily in the hotel this year and will continue to do so over the coming year. With regards to the lobby area we have replaced the carpet, tables and will be committing further investment into upgrading the bar and reupholstering furniture over the next 6 months.

I do hope that you will still consider visiting us as you have over the years as I can assure you as one of the family we are very committed to continuing the tradition which has endured over 43 years.

Again I thank you for your constructive feedback and your repeat business as this is something we value very much.

General Manager & Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Killiney
Royal Marine Hotel
Haddington House
#3 of 5 in Dun Laoghaire
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club

Been to Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!