Seemed like a "wannabe" castle. Carpet is faded, Paint & wall paper peeling. Decor is dated. Rooms were slightly above average. No hair conditioner, lousy shampoo that doesn't foam up. Staff was friendly and they exchange Euros right at the front desk. They have a dog park with ancient ruins right up the street for outdoor exploring, There's a tea/coffee cafe in a 2 minute walk and town is about a 10 - 12 minute walk down a hill and the same walk back up the hill, Great exercise for all of us. The town was real small but had everything you needed. Eat at Queens if you can because this was our best meal the whole stay.
They make you purchase and wear caps in the pool. AND, they gave my daughter who was a mature, respectable 14 year old a hard time without swimming with an adult & ultimately made her leave. I tried to get coffee from lobby and he sent me to the restaurant, who sent me to the bar who was no where to be found.I tried to order cereal & it was a huge ordeal. You had to order the breakfast buffet or the hispanic waitress couldn't comprehend or speak english well. THANK GOD for that coffee shop around the corner. There is public transportation a few minute drive down the hill and you can take it to the city. If you want to stay in a real castle, take a trip to Kilronan Castle. Have no desire to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fitzpatrick Castle Dublin is the epitome of the elegance and charm of the south Dublin coast. The only hotel located in the fashionable suburbs of Killiney and Dalkey, overlooking Dublin Bay. Fitzpatrick Castle is only 9 miles/20 minutes from downtown Dublin. Luxurious bedrooms and suites decorated in the traditional castle style are also renovated to the highest spec with ISDN lines and in-house entertainment system in all rooms. Wireless broadband Internet access is available in most public areas of hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Castle Killiney
- Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin Killiney, County Dublin, Ireland