“Worth staying in but bring the car”

Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Killiney
“Worth staying in but bring the car”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from 5 night stay and it turned out to be very pleasant. Its a bit tired around the edges and perhaps hygiene could be improved but there is a special feel to the place that creeps up on you and chills you out. Breakfasts were great and facilities were top notch but perhaps the grestest assets of the Hotel were the staff. None could be faulted.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eamonn W
Mark S, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Dear Eamonn W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff here who are a credit to themselves and the hotel.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

General Manager & Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Polish first
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Our first stay in a real castle! This was a very nice stop on our journey across southern Ireland and near the end of our trip, only regret is that we wished we stayed here 2 more nights instead of moving on to downtown Dublin before heading home!! A very refined hotel/castle. Clean, spacious rooms with a sense of grandeur. Just wished we had a better view as we faced the back and can see the service road below our windows. We had drinks on the lawn in the sun right after check in and took a nice hot-tub after dinner one night (bring your own swim cap or buy one if you want to go in the pool, not needed for hot-tub). We made a reservation at the hotel restaurant and had a very nice meal with excellent service. Only negative was that they over cooked my wife's medium rare steak but they quickly re-made it to her liking once we brought it to our waiter's attention.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, not the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear PHLee7ca,

Thank you for your review.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Castle.
Thank you for your kind comments about the team here and the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Dallas Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We arrived at Fitzpatrick Castle on the last day of our trip to Ireland. It was a trip that included staying in Castle hotels all over Ireland. Although this was not the best castle by far, it was one of our favorite ones.Everything was great, the bar, the restaurant, the pool - all perfect. We had drinks and dinner there. We met a local couple there and had fun chatting with them for a while.
I mentioned that it was my birthday, not sure if this is why but they gave us the Honeymoon Suite!
It was so beautiful with a large private bath, and a large gorgeous clean and comfortable room.
The people there went above and beyond making us happy and comfortable.
We agreed to stay there again next time we go back to Ireland, one night was not enough time to get a true feel for the area, but it seemed like a very nice location that probably had some great shops and restaurants around. We stayed in, as we had to leave early for the airport the next day. The Restaurant staff were friendly, and the Barkeeper was as well. It would be fun to stay on a weekend night I'm sure!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark S, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Ridermp,

Thank you for your review.

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would choose to return to the Castle on your next visit to Ireland.

I am delighted that the team here were able to make your experience such an enjoyable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Castle on your next visit.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had heard that this was an experience that was rated highly. We phoned ahead but no booking was possible, but as it was sort of mid week, we arrived 3:30 ish, as it runs from 2 sharp till 6. It was amazingly busy, and we got the last available table. It was a very generous serving (it is for 2 and there were 4 of us). We were not staying as this was just an end of summer treat. We might have preferred a quieter location in the general area, but were glad to find seats for 4 people, in the height of the season.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank M L
Dear M L,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our afternoon Tea and I will be passing you kind comments on to the Kitchen team.

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit.

Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed in the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin on the night of the 20th of August 2014. My kudos to a beautiful hotel. Our room was delightful with a door to the balcony which overlooked the water. It was both beautiful during the daylight and at night. The beds were comfortable and very clean as well as the bathroom. While there was no air-conditioning, the room was very comfortable with the door or window open.

The decor of this hotel is beautiful. There are comfortable chairs and sofas throughout the lobby which makes it inviting to sit and readl or talk. The lounge are is large and inviting as well.

The dinner on our last night in Ireland was superb. I had the salmon and it was cooked to perfection and the caesar salad was delicious. The staff was expedient and very accommodating. My roommate and I were ready 35 minutes early on our day of departure. We went to the dining area to see if we could get a cup of coffee 35 minutes before breakfast was to be served. The person on duty gave us coffee and pastries, juice and cereal. He was so pleasant and chatted to us about the USA and Ireland. I had a lovely experience in this hotel and will definitely return if I get the opportunity to return to Ireland. I give your this out of 5 for a rating.

Room Tip: Attempt to get a balcony on the front of the hotel with a view of the water. There are french doors...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Margaret322,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Castle and to hear of our breakfast team looking after you so well on your departure.

Hopefully we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Castle.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Very good food although the banana caramel sundae should have had ice cream not just cream and banana . The staff were very friendly and attentive, the supervisor on the night , Kata, was excellent she couldn't have been more friendly or helpful.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Stephen M,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your meal and I will pass on your kind words to Kata who is a great asset to us here.

Hopefully you will visit the Grill again in the near future.

Sutton, Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband and I had lunch in the lounge of Fitzpatricks yesterday. After about 15 minutes we eventually caught the waiters eye and ordered Smoked salmon for him and Cajun chicken salad for me. We also ordered a glass of wine for him and sparkling water with a dash of lime for me. My drink came with a piece of lime, no cordial, so I had to ask again for that. My husband's smoked salmon arrived, no sign of my chicken. After 5 minutes we asked the same waiter about my meal, he said it was on the way, no apology for the delay. Eventually after 8 minutes my meal arrived, I timed it! I would have thought that the waiter/kitchen staff would have made sure that both meals were served together. While the food was good, the ambience was good, management should look at the number of pieces of paper which have fallen between the till desk and the wall, not a pretty sight for us from our seats at the fireplace. There was a lollipop stick, a chip and scrap paper under the grate in the fireplace. The ladies cloakroom was clean and well maintained, but what a pity that the frame of the inspection notice is so badly broken. Alex Polizzi would not be impressed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Margaret M
Mark S, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Margaret M,

Thank you for your review.

I apologise for the sub standard experience you had during your lunch. This is not the service we aim to deliver to our guests and I will be addressing all the issues you raised with our Food & Beverage manager as well as our bars manager.

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.
I do hope you return for lunch again for a better experience.

General Manager & Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killiney
Royal Marine Hotel
The Merrion Hotel
The Merrion Hotel
#1 of 153 in Dublin
5.0 of 5 bubbles 3,101 reviews

Been to Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!