“Completely unacceptable!!”
Review of The Willows

The Willows
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killiney
The Willows
Ranked #2 of 2 Killiney B&B and Inns
“Completely unacceptable!!”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I telephoned on 25th September to book this b&b for 2 nights in late October. I was told that a room was available for €70 per night. I then emailed confirmation of our request and had an email reply confirming the booking.

We turned up in the early afternoon of our booking date and there was no answer. We telephoned and left a message on the answerphone with our mobile number, hoping they would call us back when they arrived home. We then called a mobile number that was given in their answerphone message - it was turned off.

We were not called back.

This b&b is in the middle of a residential, suburban area - there is NOTHING around and about so were it not for the fact that we were visiting family locally we would have been absolutely lost!!! I cannot imagine what anyone having been dropped off by taxi expecting a warm welcome would have done! As it was, we had to severely inconvenience our family who already had elderly relatives and young children staying.

Had we been contacted subsequent to our booking and told that the room was no longer available we would have been fed up - but at least we would have been able to make other arrangements. To simply not be in is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank CareyKO
Lucia M, Manager at The Willows, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
I have been in touch with the above guests to offer a sincere apology for the above incident, .They graciously accepted it. I had a medical emergency and open heart surgery. Their cancellation was overlooked in error. As a gesture of goodwill they will accept a complimentary stay with us
when they next return to Dublin.

Solo
Business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My husband and I had actually called a different B&B (in Dun Laoghaire) and were initially told there was a room available. But when we arrived, the proprietors told us they had actually misinformed us and that they did not have a room available. However, they had called around and found us a room at The Willows. Lucia was wonderful, as was her B&B. The room was spacious and warm and we had a wonderful night's rest.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robin F
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The most welcoming B&B I have stayed in - Lucia was so helpful, and there were lots of little touches that made me feel incredibly welcome and comfortable. I stayed in a lovely ensuite room and was able to get into the centre of Dublin very easily. I highly recommend the Willows, if you go, do ask Lucia for some of her delicious cake!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Charlie L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killiney
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin
#1 of 2 in Sandyford
Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
#1 of 1 in Stillorgan

Been to The Willows? Share your experiences!