“Great stop on honeymoon” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Grand Falls
“Great stop on honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

An impromptu stop on our way to the cabot trail. We were treated great from the moment we walked in the door. Great huge bed! Very clean. And we had an 8 duck welcoming commitee at our car!! Would stay here again. Breakfast is a plus and helped get us back on the road. The service was friendly and warm and made us feel at home.

• Stayed August 2013
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Mad Dougie,
Congratulations & glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us even if it was not a scheduled stop. Sometimes those are the best as you do not have any expectations and are just looking for a clean comfortable stay.
Thanks for your kind review and I hope you had a great conclusion to your honeymoon.

Quality Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Quispamsis, NB
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I'm not one to post a bad rating however, this warrants a poor review. Our girls' softball team arrived at the hotel and were greeted with horrible customer service. This hotel advertises that they are pet friendly however, our members travelling with pets were harassed, had fists slammed on the front desk at them and were placed in horrible, smoking rooms with terrible odour. The rooms in the block were to be placed together however, we were scattered all over the hotel. The rooms were not clean, a/c was very loud, sink drains didn't work, showers didn't work properly and went from hot to cold throughout your shower. I would not ever stay at this hotel again; I would bring pillows and blankets to stay in my vehicle. NOT RECOMMENDED.

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Donlor06,

Needless to say I was shocked to read your comments on Tripadvisor. It is one thing when you mention you got `Horrible customer service`` and that is certainly not acceptable and I sincerely apologize for this. But then you go on to say that some members of your team were ``harassed`` by my staff and that is the part where I am most concerned. I have been working here for 26 years and have never had this serious accusation towards my staff. I have tried to call you at least 4 times and unfortunately we have not been able to connect. I will keep trying to contact you as I want to get to the bottom of this situation.

I was working that Friday night as we were anticipating an extremely busy weekend. Let me share my recollection of that evening with you. I was in my office when my front desk clerk came to ask me what to do about a client that had a reservation that was not reserved as a pet room, they had brought their pet and all our pet rooms were occupied. I told him that we could not turn these people away and to make an exception and let them have a room that is not designated `pet friendly`. Our hotel is pet friendly but like most hotels we only have a few rooms designated as pet rooms. Come to find out that a second reservation from your team had come in earlier again not designated as a pet room but they also brought their pet. We were able to put them in a pet room for Friday night but not for Saturday night as that pet room was already booked. On Saturday we had to move this reservation to a non pet friendly room. We made another exception for these people so they would not have to bring their pet home. They were not placed in smoking rooms as our hotel does not have any such rooms.

We had three teams staying with us that weekend. We usually try to put all teams together but yours was the third reservation received. The first 2 teams were mostly together while your team was placed where we had rooms left.

Our hotel is a Gold Award recipient from Choice Hotels Canada which means we are in the top 10% of all Choice Properties across Canada. This is based on three things:
Our inspections, which have been rated as ``Exceptional``
Guest complaints, which we receive very few
Guest comments, which are usually very positive.

Again I am very sorry that your stay was not as anticipated. If you don`t mind I will keep trying to contact you as I want to discuss with you your experience with our staff. You can also reach me at your convenience at 1888-473-1300 as I am usually at work during daytime hours.

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

This was the best unplanned vacation. I ended up here unexpectedly after my vehicle broke down. They were recommended by CAA and offer a great rate for CAA members. My two night stay was exceptional! Although the hotel and rooms are a bit outdated there was a new wall mounted flat screen tv, WiFi included and local calls were free. My room itself was large, quiet and most importantly clean. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub which is nice. The water is beautiful and not overclorinated. The hotel is very close to hwy so it is easy to find. The staff here really make the stay memorable. My favourite dish at the restaurant was the escargot au gratin. Delish!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear M C
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write this review. Due to the many years of experience of our chefs, we often get excellent comments. We are currently in the process of updating our menu, please check it out on your next visit. We will certainly pass on to our staff your comment in regards to our cleanliness and their friendliness.
Thanks again
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights, was able to get rate of 108.00 per night. Still a bit higher than I like to pay but was average for our east coast trip. The front desk guy who worked evenings was very helpful, allowing us to use the microwave in the kitchen to heat up leftovers in the evenings.
Rooms, hallways, breakfast area all very clean. Beds comfortable. Would recommend and stay again?

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Canada_Gurlie, It is always very nice to hear that clients will stay with us again in the future but it is fantastic to hear that they will recommend us to friends and family. Also by telling people with a review on Tripadvisor you are letting people know about our friendly staff and our very clean property. We thank you very much for your kind words and we are looking forward to serving you again. Jean LaForge, Manager.
Ottawa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

We made a late night stop here for a quick rest en route to Saint John. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and got us checked in quickly. The rooms are a little over priced for what they are. My biggest complaint was the smell of the room. It said no smoking on the door but both it and the hallway of the hotel positively reeked of smoke. We were too tired to complain and just wanted to get to bed. Everyone in our room did have breating problems though. Their breakfast is ready nice and early and is fairly typical of what you get (waffles, boiled eggs, baked beans, muffins etc.) I also am not sure why any hotels still have double beds in their rooms. Queens would be much roomier. All in all, impressed with the staff, but don't the rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear dpal70, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I was glad to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful. We do have a few smoking rooms at the very end of the corridor and we have installed a filtered machine that is supposed to gather up the smoke that escapes from these rooms. Obviously in your case it did not do the job and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are reviewing our policy on smoking rooms because if we cannot control air quality in our hallways we will have to do away with smoking rooms. Again thank you for your input and hope to serve you again in the future. Jean LaForge, Manager
Haute Aboujagane, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stay there about 3 or 4 times a year for business purposes and it is always a nice stay. Dated hotel, it has been there a while but at the same time very well kept and very clean. Restaurant also serves good food, I like to order and eat in my room so I can be quiet after a full day of meeting with customers, and that is never an issue with them. Staff is always courteous and happy to see you, that goes a long way in making a stay comfortable. All the services you can look for, I am not sure it would be a great spot for a long vacation with kids, not because of the hotel but because there may not be a whole lot to do close by for the kids. Aside from that, definitely recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Boiverf, Thank you for taking the time to write about our property. I will certainly convey your compliments to our dedicated staff (kitchen,waitresses,front desk and housekeeping). It takes a lot of people to keep this business going and we have a lot of good people working hard to make it happen. We have a lot of loyal clients such as yourself and we appreciate seeing them on a regular basis. See you soon. Jean LaForge Manager.
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

This is an older Hotel that has been refurbished to meet the newer Hotel standards. use to be called the " Pre Du Lac ".
Don't let the age fool you, This is a very well known Hotel from way back; it seems to cater more to the business side. its usually qiuet, with clean rooms,dining room with excellent food but not a big menu! and a very friendly staff but not much to do for kids. it does have an indoor pool that is clean and warm.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are dirve up ;so if you want easy access to your room first floor is the way to go...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear tbrem40, Thank you for your kind words regarding our property. Our housekeeping staff does excellent work and I will certainly forward your comments to them. Our dining room also gets very good reviews as our food is second to none. I hope you get the chance to visit us in the summer months as our playground, putting green and basketball court get plenty of usage from our smaller visitors. Again Thank you for your nice comments and hope to serve you again in the near future. Jean LaForge Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Falls
Motel Leo
#4 of 4 in Grand Falls
Aroostook Hospitality Inn - Van Buren
Maple Tourist Home Bed & Breakfast

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!