“A wonderful family run hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Grand Falls
Grande Prairie, Canada
“A wonderful family run hotel”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have stayed at the Quality Inn Pres du Lac several times and I appreciate the consistency of he place. Always clean, with wonderfully attentive service and great amenities at a good price. I have never been disappointed when I have stayed here.

Room Tip: As a motorcyclist I always ask for a drive up room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Belt Drive Bett... C
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Belt Drive Betty, Always nice to get comments like yours. We try very hard to keep our hotel in top shape. On your next trip you will certainly enjoy our new 40 inch smart TV's. Thank You for your loyalty and looking forward to your next stay with us.Jean LaForge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2013

poor poor excuse to have rooms in this state in this day in age. Tiles falling off in bathroom, mould around the caulking, spider webs in the corners of ceiling in the room, it just baffles me to see this with the high rates. Its 2013, not 1960. I am in hotels 3 nights per week, every week for my job, and this one will go to the bottom of my list. The only plus, staff was very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear 49joneslake
I was very sorry to hear that your room was not up to our usual standard. I do not know what room you were in but I assure you that this is an anomaly. Our rooms are usually well kept and very clean as our 2013 Gold award from Choice Hotels Canada can attest.
I hope you will call me at 1888-473-1300 to discuss this situation. I am sure we can come up with a solution to this unfortunate situation.
Thank you for your kind words towards our staff as they are a big part of our successes over the years.
Again I am sorry for this incident and hopefully we will be able to discuss it further and retain you as a client.

Travellers are raving about these Grand Falls hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We've stayed here many times over the years. This time we had a room with a queen and two single beds which was a nice arrangement for our family. As usual, we enjoyed dinner at the restaurant. This time breakfast was also included in the room rate and that was a pleasant extra. We'll be back I'm sure.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear BetCrooks,

Glad to hear you enjoyed our three bedded room, a lot of families do. Thank you for the kind words and we will be looking forward to serving you in the future.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This property is an older hotel that joined the 'Choice' brand after being in business for quite a few years. Still operated by the original family.

The location is convenient, though the 'Lake' is really a pond, so the original name (Près du lac) is a bit grand!

The breakfast was fine - nothing special, but better than some other 'included' breakfasts we've had (like a motel in Maine whose much advertised 'continental breakfast' turned out to be donuts, coffee, and powdered orange 'drink'!)

Highs:
- all staff were very nice to deal with
- reasonable price
- the spa and pool are large and pleasant
- the restaurant was very good - great service, good choices, and excellent food
- rooms are quite large, nicely equipped, and clean, with excellent beds

Lows:
- construction is a bit 'thin' so we heard quite a bit of noise from neighbours (though it quieted down before we slept)
- even though the hotel now says it is fully non-smoking, the hallways often reeked of smoke (fortunately not seeping into the room at all though)
- the hallway is very ugly - not very inviting
- bathroom in our room could use updating - everything worked well, and it was certainly very clean, but lighting was ugly, door sticky (summer humidity no doubt) and a very 'low fi' toilet.

Overall: would definitely stay (and eat) there again.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are probably quieter - no outside doors opening and closing, and nobody overhead...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sjn11,
My parents started the business 47 years ago and we are still going strong, thanks to loyal clients such as yourself. Thank you for your kind words, we try to offer a good value to our guest and our restaurant is second to none.
Glad to see that your stay was a pleasant one. We have all kinds of new items such as 40" TV that we just installed in our rooms to make the guest fell right at home.
Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Only stayed one night but really enjoyed hotel. I don't know how old this hotel is but the rooms, furniture, beds are like in new condition. Staff very friendy. Small but adequate fitness room. Plenty of parking. Easily located.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at ground level if you have lots of luggage. Makes for ease for unloading and load...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ronald E862,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have been around a long time but try to update our property regularly. We do have a friendly staff who try to make your stay a pleasant one.
Hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 30 August 2013

An older but well-kept hotel. Pleased with cleanliness of rooms and pool/hot tub. Very welcome after a very long day of travelling from Ontario. Two teenagers in tow and they were happy too. Breakfast good for all. Very helpful upon our arrival to provide local pizza delivery recommendations. Will stay again if ever travelling this way again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jakeez,
I was pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. A lot of families enjoy our property because of all the things that kids can do. Our cleaning staff do a great job with the rooms. Our front desk and restaurant staff make our clients feel right at home.
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Have been staying at this hotel for the past 20 years now on our way from Toronto to Cape Breton and back but this year will be the last. The bathroom in the room we were in this summer flooded everytime the people in the room above us flushed their toilet. No discount was offered for having to put up with toilet water pouring down on us all night, not even an apology.Then one of their staff almost side swipes me in the parking lot as he is cutting across parking spots, when I try and talk to him about it all I get is attitude from him, great way to deal with your customers. Then I get my Visa bill in the mail and they double charge me for the night we stayed there on the way down. The quality in this Quality Inn does not exsist anymore and even though they allow pets to stay there I would not even let my dog spend a night in this hotel.

Shame on you for letting this hotel get to this stage and shame on you for hiring crooks to run your hotel.

The Hill Top in Grand Falls will get all my business moving forward. I have advised all in our family about our bad experience and they will no longer be booking into this Quality Inn either.

Dave LeBlanc

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave L
Jean L, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Mr. LeBlanc,
I was sorry to hear that you had a subpar stay with us in July. Usually our staff registers any guest complaints and steps are taken to correct them, but I saw nothing marked in the book regarding your stay. Nevertheless I am sorry that it was not addressed while you were on site and I’m sure we can come to some sort of compromise.
I would also like to discuss with you what happened in the parking lot and get to the bottom of that incident.
I do however take exception to your comments about us being crooks. An honest mistake was made on your invoice and we corrected it the same day you called to inform us of this mistake. My parents started this business 47 years ago and worked very hard to build relationships with their clientele. As you mentioned you have stayed here for 20 years so we must have done a lot of things right to earn your trust. I would hate to see a loyal client leave us after one unfortunate stay.
I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you and after our discussions if you still feel the same way then I’ll at least get the chance to thank you in person for your patronage during the last two decades. I can be reached at 1888-473-1300 during normal business hours.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Falls
Daigle's Motel & Restaurant
Daigle's Motel & Restaurant
#1 of 1 in Saint Leonard
Aroostook Hospitality Inn - Van Buren

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!