“Too little bang for your huge buck” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Grand Falls
Moncton
“Too little bang for your huge buck”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel was less than impressive. While it was mostly clean, the rooms were cramped and outdated, covered with hair in the washrooms. The staff were mediocre, not very helpful or knowledgable. The amenities, such as the pool and hot tub were awful, the bottom of the pool scrapes your feet and is floating around in the pool - which is very tiny, and the hot tubs jets didn't really work. Interesting stay, but the lodges down the road were a much better stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Marie-Louise T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear EastCoast90,

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 506-473-6200.

Marie-Louise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Brand new hotel perched above the town with sweeping views of the area. Clean, well built, and comfortable throughout. Free breakfast was decent, with a bit more to offer than the average free continental breakfast. WifFi worked well, bed was comfortable. Strangely, finishes were used throughout that date the hotel instantly, faux wood grain doors, 70's fonts, lot's of brown everywhere... the hotel could have been much nicer if they had hired a designer from this millennium. If everything is so new, why does it look so old? Office chair won't slide under desk, so there's not enough room to walk by. The room is cramped, with a loose fridge in the front entrance area that was clearly an afterthought. 7/10

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marie-Louise T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is immaculate, and the staff is first-rate. You will be happy you stayed. The room was well-appointed, spacious and reasonably priced, and is very conveniently located off the Trans Canada Highway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marie-Louise T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thanks so much for the review. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to our great staff. I know they'll be as grateful for your kind words as I am! Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Travel Safe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Every time I come here (at least once a year), I enjoy a lovely little hotel with excellent decor. The rooms are regular rooms but the mattress and pillows were a delight to sleep on. I really enjoyed staying here. The staff are so friendly and I enjoyed the pool even after hours. The morning breakfast is lovely with lots to choose from. I keep telling them that i am taking my living room furniture home. They have a small room for their business center with free internet, even in our rooms. I had a handicap room with a huge showers and plush towels. I love the entrance furniture. The owner certainly has excellent tastes. Thanks for a wonderful stay, as always.

Room Tip: I liked the first floor near the main doors as it was close to the pool and the business centre. I...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marie-Louise T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
We always enjoy reading our guest reviews, especially when they're as good as this one. Thank you Debbie! We're happy you enjoyed your stay and "YOUR" living room. Ha! We'll be sure to share your comments with our hotel team. Looking forward to welcoming you back again next year.
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our first time in Grand Falls, where we decided to stop and visit the incredible gorge and falls. This hotel, going on 10 years old, looks almost brand new. It's very well cared for and super clean. Front desk service was very good. Our surprise was the suite we were given, all for just $116. The coze den had a large flat screen TV, mini fridge (empty, which was great), microwave, comfy leather couch and lounge chair. Our bedroom included another TV; however, the bed was on the soft side, which produced some back ache the next morning.

Breakfast is included in the price. While for some people the breakfast may be a good deal, but for us it was mediocre. I don't eat sugar, which greatly limited my selection. The scrambled eggs were out of the carton, and sausages were pretty grim. In short, breakfast at this hotel was a snack to get us down the road to an Irving restaurant.

With that said, we'd definitely return to this hotel, and hope to visit the gorge again next year.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask to check the beds to see if they're all soft or whether firmer ones are available.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marie-Louise T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
NB Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I've stayed here several times on business. The BW is the best place to stay in GF, though the price reflects it (the area is pricey hotel/motel wise).
But it's a BW Plus, and it shows. Comfortable, clean rooms, an above average breakfast, great check in and out.
I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marie-Louise T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to our great staff. I know they'll be as grateful for your kind words as I am! We work on our breakfast offerings on a regular basis, and I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you and see you again real soon!
Kingston, ON Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Have stayed here a few times now while making the trip from Ontario to Nova Scotia, most recently on April 23/14. Rooms are fine, clean and spacious. Comfortable beds and the added bonus of a mini fridge and microwave. Front desk staff has always been pleasant and efficient. This time around, I inadvertently booked my room (completely my fault!) for the wrong date, so when I arrived, there was no record of a reservation. When booking on the Best Western site (as with most hotels!) it automatically defaults to an arrival day of the current date and for whatever reason, I completely missed it! Thankfully, I was able to get a room, since I had driven for 10 hours at this point. Of course, I had been charged for the stay that I didn't use, and the front desk clerk was unable to do anything about that. She suggested I talk to the supervisor the next morning, which I did. Chantal was very understanding but also unable to make the decision to reverse the charge until she spoke to her manager. A few days later I received an email indicating the charge had been reversed. Thank you for your understanding! I will definitely be returning to this hotel but in the future be more careful when I make an online reservation!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Travel-Girl-19640308
Marie-Louise T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel being clean and comfortable. We also appreciate the nice comments about our associates being helpful and friendly. Many thanks and safe travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Falls
#1 of 3 in Grand Falls
Crown Park Inn
Crown Park Inn
#2 of 2 in Caribou

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!