I was actually trying to get to Edmunston, but I left it too late to book a hotel there. Grand Falls was the closest and turned out to be a great choice.
This is a pretty typical, new-ish Best Western. It's what you'd expect for this type of hotel: everything was clean. It's conveniently located near the trans-canada with a gas station close-by. Too bad Tim Horton's is a bit a of a ways away...The rooms were comfy. And generally quiet even though there were a lot of families with kids (including ours). But there was very little hallway noise after 10pm (although we did hear some kids upstairs).
Pool is salt water which was very nice. And it's not too deep which is great for smaller children. Not great for exercise, but great for fun times with the younger set. The hot tub was nice for the parents although it did get crowded.
1) the breakfast buffet area is too small. The buffet itself is fine, but it's difficult to get to the food and there aren't really enough tables. One thing that would help, would be to have a second waffle iron...there was a significant wait as parents made waffles for multiple children a 2min30 per waffle.
2) why is it that when you book multiple rooms under one name hotels refuse to put those two rooms together? In this case, I booked 2 rooms (admittedly a bit late, but still several days in advance), they were in one reservation, but the rooms were assigned in the morning (before people started checking-in for the day) and they were 17 rooms apart. Why would you do that? BW isn't the only hotel I've had this problem at, but this set a new record for distances apart. This is not very convenient for people with larger families or parties travelling with extended families. Why not try putting these types of reservations together? it was obvious that the people making reservations with children were put together in one area of the hotel (all the children we saw in the pool that night were just a few rooms away from ours)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Grand Sault Hotel & Suites is the perfect place for vacationing families and business travelers. Free amenities in this (open year round) hotel include a hot deluxe continental breakfast, a heated pool with hot tub, a fitness center, daily newspaper, free parking and pet friendly. Guest room amenities include free high-speed Internet access, hairdryer, iron with ironing board and coffee maker. Microwaves and refrigerators are available in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Grand Falls
- Grand Falls Best Western