We stayed at this hotel on a 5 day National holidays tour. The rooms were very large and decorated very well. The staff were very helpful and friendly. When we came back from our trips we used to sit on the sofas looking out over the golf course while we surfed the net, it at least kept us out if our rooms and it became a meeting place for a few of the people on our trip. The food was excellent and congratulations should go to the chef who did a wonderful job. A big thanks also to Sharon who organised a quiz for us and looked after my mum (who has dementia) with fantastic understanding. She also provided a bottle of champagne to a couple on their wedding night off the cuff, a lovely gesture. Our one disappointment was the entertainment. My mum looks forward to the music so she can dance, but we only had entertainment on one night and he did not interact with the audience. The hotel was also miles from Cashel, so we could not walk into town for a drink. We did use the hotel bar and the club house, but these were quite expensive, the club house being slightly cheaper than the hotel. We had very little time to visit the pool etc., as we were too busy, so cannot comment, but were told by others that did use the facilities, that they were very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Georgian Manor House was built in 1730 for the bride of Lord Hawarden, the Earl of Montalt where ancient Irish chieftains, the O'Dwyers of Kilnamanagh once held the land. At the beginning of the century a religious order bought the property and in 1978, the Crowe family bought the house and adjoining lands that lay along the Multeen River.Located in the 'Golden Vale' this resort is located in the heart of Co Tipperary, 8 miles (13K) from Cashel Town, steeped in heritage, in one of the most picturesque settings. As you can imagine, this luxury country house hotel Tipperary is a wonderful country retreat, with old world charm and atmosphere. The Manor House was restored to it's former glory and the resort's ongoing property development provide, modern day comforts in a setting that retains the finest of the old. Absorb the history and beautiful antiques that adorn the manor bedrooms, drawing room, lounge and restaurant. This hotel seamlessly blends modern day living with modern bedrooms, health and leisure centre, wedding venue and spacious holiday homes, with old world charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dundrum House Hotel, Golf and Leisure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dundrum House Hotel, Golf And Leisure Hotel Dundrum
- Dundrum House Hotel, Golf And Leisure Resort County Tipperary