Stayed at Rathmullan House for three nights last week, my first visit and, I hope, not my last. The accommodation is excellent, bedrooms are spacious, well furnished and with extremely comfortable beds. Very welcoming sitting rooms with open fires contribute to the relaxing environment of the House. The staff, all of them, are exceptionally pleasant and friendly, competent and well-informed. The breakfast menu is extensive and everything is top quality. The evening meals are also superb, drawing on an abundance of organic, local produce.
The long, sandy beach is within sight of the front door and the picturesque village of Rathmullan just a short stroll away.
Everything about Rathmullan House evokes a sense of wellbeing, peacefulness, quality and a real home-from-home atmosphere. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rathmullan House is situated on the shores of Lough Swilly in Co. Donegal. With a 2 mile sandy beach at the bottom of the gardens it is a perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors. All 32 bedrooms are individually styled from romantic garden rooms to adjoining family rooms. The Weeping Elm Restaurant provides a fine setting for Kelan McMichaels modern cooking as well as the award winning breakfast for which Rathmullan is justly famous. Menus are based on using the freshest ingredients in season from local artisan producers and from the hotels walled garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rathmullan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rathmullan House Hotel Rathmullan
- House Rathmullan
- Rathmullan Hotel
- Rathmullan House County Donegal