Rathmullan's quirky decor, cosy atmostphere, open fires and excellent food and drink cannot be matched. After many pre-wedding visits and stays at Rathmullan, my now-husband and I got married in the Ceremony Room at Rathmullan then held the 120 person reception in the Weeping Elm. To say we had a fantastic day is an understatement. It rained cats and dogs but Mark and his team kept our guests in perfect cosy comfort from start to finish. We have been inundated with compliments on behalf of Rathmullan's food. It was important to us that food (and beer) was locally sourced and of the highest standard which Rathmullan pulled off with aplomb. No one can quite work out how 100 beef fillet steaks were cooked and delivered to order but as if by magic they did.
The day after the wedding we arranged what turned out to be a fabulous master class with Kelan the head chef who should a group of us how to prepare and cook several delicious and sustainable fish. Later on we had a completely delicious BBQ - the food was as tasty and satisfying as the wedding breakfast had been.
Of course our guests were spoilt for choice of outdoor activities. The tourists amongst them really enjoyed touring the local area and the beach lovers all got a (cold!) swim and beautiful walks. Our guests all enjoyed their stays and again I have heard nothing but compliments regarding their bedrooms.
Further evidence of Rathmullan going above and beyond the call of duty. I managed to leave my passport in the room before travelling back to Glasgow and would not have been able to travel on honeymoon if one of the members of staff had not brought the passport to a meeting point in the middle of nowhere to meet my father-in-law after the end of her shift.
Thank you, Rathmullan House for a fabulous weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rathmullan House is situated on the shores of Lough Swilly in Co. Donegal. With a 2 mile sandy beach at the bottom of the gardens it is a perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors. All 32 bedrooms are individually styled from romantic garden rooms to adjoining family rooms. The Weeping Elm Restaurant provides a fine setting for Kelan McMichaels modern cooking as well as the award winning breakfast for which Rathmullan is justly famous. Menus are based on using the freshest ingredients in season from local artisan producers and from the hotels walled garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rathmullan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rathmullan House Hotel Rathmullan
- House Rathmullan
- Rathmullan Hotel
- Rathmullan House County Donegal