I stayed here for four days in April 2014 with a friend who was going to a wedding nearby. As two ladies travelling together we were given beautiful large rooms with four poster beds next to each other. These were on the ground floor which meant that we could meet on the terrace outside our rooms for drinks etc. which was very pleasant. We had some meals in the main dining room and the food was excellent and the portions huge and the food very hot and well cooked. One evening we ate in the Cellar Bar which just does pizzas and we enjoyed its informality and also tasting the local beers which are a speciality here. The young men serving there were friendly and helpful.
Breakfasts were again excellent - cooked fresh to order - not having been stood on a hot plate buffet style going cold as is so common in hotels these days. The portions were huge. In addition there was a plentiful supply of fruit, yoghurt, bread, jams, cheese etc. on a side table.
The surrounding scenery is exquisite and the gardens and beech very pleasant. We particularly liked sitting by the open fires in the evening with a pre or post prandial.
A very enjoyable stay and we would gladly return there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rathmullan House is situated on the shores of Lough Swilly in Co. Donegal. With a 2 mile sandy beach at the bottom of the gardens it is a perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors. All 32 bedrooms are individually styled from romantic garden rooms to adjoining family rooms. The Weeping Elm Restaurant provides a fine setting for Kelan McMichaels modern cooking as well as the award winning breakfast for which Rathmullan is justly famous. Menus are based on using the freshest ingredients in season from local artisan producers and from the hotels walled garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Rathmullan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rathmullan House Hotel Rathmullan
- House Rathmullan
- Rathmullan Hotel
- Rathmullan House County Donegal