Nesbitt Arms Hotel
Hotels.com
US$163
US$183
US$122
Mill Park Hotel(Donegal Town)
The Abbey Hotel(Donegal Town)
US$147
Hotels.com
Tara Hotel(Killybegs)
Bay View Hotel(Killybegs)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslovely hotelfunction roomsteaknight porterbar restaurantfish and chipsgreat atmospherepiping hotcorner househotel is situatedgreat townlarge groupthe main streetmiddle of townlast weekendtwo nightssmall town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Just realised that I have forgotten to submit our review so here goes! Partner and I stayed in the Nesbitt Arms at the end of October 2013. Weather was awful, but atmosphere in hotel was warm n friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable, en-suite was clean and we had no issues whatever. As well as breakfast, we ate in the hotel and found the food to be wholesome and tasty with portions of a good size. We enjoyed the experience and hope to make a return visit!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WeeGee43
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I lead an educational tour for American university students in Ireland for the month of January. We were passing through Ardara to learn about Donegal wool and weaving and we needed a place that would serve us lunch. Our driver contacted the Nesbitt Arms, which was not normally open on Mondays. Alan, the chef-manager, welcomed us and our business and prepared a delicious soup and sandwich lunch which was ready on our arrival. Just what we needed after a morning of hiking up Slieve League!

But wait, there's more: I don't know if it was my jet-lag or what but I somehow overpaid our bill, which was a cash transaction. I had no idea that I had done this until Alan contacted our driver and made arrangements to return the amount I had overpaid.

I so appreciate Alan's extraordinary efforts--to feed us and to return the overpayment. We will surely return when we are back with the students.

Rosemary Graham
Saint Mary's College of California

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Rosyg789
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This review is long overdue.

We stayed in May 2013 due to a family berevement.

The hotel was very warm, clean and comfortable and reasonably priced.

It was also very quiet at night, as some hotels can be very noisy places.

We had an excellent breakfast in the morning and the evening meal we had was super value at €10 for a rib eye steak and all the trimmings.

Granted, this was served in the pub area on a plain wooden table and no fancy adornments
but you can't really expect fancy tablecloths etc for such a reasonable meal.

We plan to stay there again on our return trip this year. Well done Nesbitt Arms!

Room Tip: All the rooms are arranged around an inner courtyard and are very quiet as none face the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Teresa M
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Nesbitt arms is usually very nice but this is at a time when it is open every day of the season.

This time round I found that the food was not fresh and it was over priced for what we got. Advice - do not eat somewhere when they are only open at the weekends.

Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Boroleon
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We had originally planned to stay at a B&B but it was not available the first two nights of our stay so the owner directed us to the Nesbitt Arms Hotel. We liked it so much that we stayed for the four nights we had in Ardara. Liam in particular was welcoming, very helpful and patient with our American questions, gave us a better room for a lower cost as the hotel was not very full in the off season. The breakfasts were generous and most of the other staff pleasant and accommodating.
I needed a private spot to sing each evening as I was preparing for performances at the end of our trip and the staff allowed me the use of the banquet hall at the back of the hotel. This was above and beyond and very helpful to me.

Room Tip: We were happy to have a room at the back of the hotel, both for the lovely view but also for the quiet. We live in the country and are not accustomed to street noise, even in such a small town as Ardara.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple