“very nice well run hotel”

The Coach House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Oranmore
Tullamore, Ireland
“very nice well run hotel”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

stayed at this hotel earlier this week and was surprised at how well its run. after a mix up with the room when we arrived the very helpful receptionist fixed us up with a lovely large room at no extra cost. the whole place was spotless clean and we had fresh towels, tea, coffee and everything else we needed every morning.
The breakfast was perfectly cooked and piping hot served by a very attentive waitress.
will certainly stay again.
Check this place out you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: ask for a room which does not have the staff and customers from the pub next door playing basketball...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kevmal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Finnish first
Wivenhoe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I booked this hotel to attend a family function 20 miles away because I couldn't get anything nearer and the reviews seemed good. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was spacious and clean. Despite the fact that there is a late night residents bar and I was there on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, as well as a bar with live music next door, the room was quiet. I didn't get the chance to eat in the restaurant but had good breakfasts in the hotel. There were two ocassions when one of the ingredients I ordered didn't appear but when pointed out it was immediately rectified.

There are good pubs and restaurants within two to three minutes walk of the hotel as well as a large Tesco. The town itself is an attractive one and one that I am sure I will stay in again.

There were some blemishes, but nothing major, in my room and bathroom which do need attention and which I brought to the attention of the management but I stress that it was constructive criticism. I was therefore pleased to find out that they hotel is being progressively revamped.

I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the main street have better views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BMU91
Ireland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Spent one night here prior to a wedding the following day. The hotel is small & cosy, spotlessly clean, with comfortable rooms. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. We didn't eat dinner at the restaurant, but breakfast next morning was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had for a while...all cooked to order and piping hot. Parking is a little limited but there is a free public car park about 3 mins walk from the hotel itself. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Oranmore area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
cork
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I travel to Galway every seven weeks on business staying in various hotels and have not felt compelled to write any reviews up until now........
The accommodation was comfortable, clean and peaceful.
Bar staff were friendly and helpful.
The Restaurant food was AMAZING. The best Italian food I have had outside Italy,
To top it all off the breakfast was first class, great Irish produce and great Irish hospitality.
I just hope that they have a room available for me in seven weeks time.

Room Tip: Ooooo dare I say this.......as a naughty smoker! On the first floor of the residents accommodation...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BernieCastle
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was my first time to stay her and it will not be my last. It is obvious that food is the main driver in this hotel, but my room was spacious, clean, had everything I needed and was quiet. Food in the bar was excellent and a terrific menu. Staff could be a little more outgoing and engaging, but that's not a criticism.
Overall, a great place to stay.
Tommy

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
tacoma
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was quite and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. They don't have a lot of parking so try and get there early if you have a car. The food was delicious. There aren't a lot of things around but it was a nice little town.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank thereal253
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I have only ever ate here once. The Hotel's restaurant was recommended to me by a friend, so we decided to have lunch here one Sunday.

I was immediately struck by how busy the restaurant was upon our arrival, and despite this we were immediately greeted and shown to our table. The fact we hadn't booked was not a problem, and we were quickly seated and our order was taken. The menu was broad and offered a lot of choice.

The food arrived very swiftly after ordering, and was presented perfectly. Both our meals was really tasty and portions were generous too.

I have nothing but praise for this place. The staff were friendly, the decor was casual, charming and clean, and the food was gorgeous. I would recommend The Coach House Hotel to anybody...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
Maldron Hotel Galway
#6 of 45 in Galway
Clayton Hotel Galway
Clayton Hotel Galway
#11 of 45 in Galway

Been to The Coach House Hotel? Share your experiences!