“Smart functional hotel, good if you are on a business trip or road trip”

The Coach House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Oranmore
Reviewed 16 September 2009

We stayed in Coach House hotel for one night at the start of our Ireland holiday. The receptionist was very friendly when we arrived in the evening and our room was a good size and clean. It was windy and rainy which lead to noise from the roof, besides this the hotel wasn't very full so no noise from neighbours.
The restaurant downstairs was excellent, very friendly and great food.
When checking out the receptionist tried to pursuade us to stay for the rest of our trip, which was advise that we didn't need and we continued on our journey.
The hotel seemed good to stay in if you are going to a wedding in the area, local functions and business trips.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 June 2009

Myself and my sister travelled from Longford for weekend. Never in Oranmore before but will definetly return. If I ever have to go to Galway again I will stay in Coach House. as It is near the city (9 Km). The hotel is small and the staff are very friendly.I have stayed in much bigger hotels but was never treated as well as here. The staff couldn't do enough for you and the food in restaurant is excellent. That explains why it was so busy. Special word of thanks to Marie who treated us like royalty. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 12 June 2009

I visited Galway City for a two day conference. I decided to stay in Oranmore as I was getting there late at night. The hotel receptionist was most helpful and welcoming. They have the most wonderful Italian restaurant. You can generally tell when the locals visit a restaurant, it is good. I really enjoyed that. Maybe it was the surprise of find it.
The rooms were clean and well maintained.
Next morning I got a taxi into Galway City. They could use the bus lane, so it did not take very long. Overall, a great experience and I certainly would go back.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2009

Coach House Hotel in Oranmore, 4 miles from Galway City, an easy bus ride. An attractive and comfortable hotel. Marie, the accommodation manager, is an angel; nothing is too much trouble for her. Her warmth, generosity, kindness and all-round hospitality alone would take us back to this place. Good Guinness and a wide range of excellent Irish whiskeys in a bar which stays open to all hours. Breakfast is relaxed and serves until 11.30. A real find.

Reviewed 12 May 2009

Since the Coach House Hotel opened in July 2007, we have made it one of our regular pitstops while taking in the sights of the glorious Clare & Connemara region. It is situated in the heart of Oranmore village. This hotel is truly amazing, the staff were so friendly right from reception, where we were met by this charming young lady, who made you feel at home right through to the bar and restaurant staff. We had an amazing two nights in this hotel, on the first we dined in the Italian restaurant "Basilico" which had superb service and the food was exquiste. I cannot wait to return to the West and stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2008

I picked this hotel based on it's rank on this site (currently no. 2 of 7) and I think overall I was a little disappointed. The hotel is in the middle of Oranmore village and there is limited parking in around the back.

The room was small. We had a small desk, a flat screen tv, tea and coffee making facilities and two bed-side lockers. The double bed was good although too soft for my liking but if you had much luggage the room would seem very cluttered very quickly.

Another problem we had which could have been worse is that it seemed we could hear people in other rooms. It looks like the hotel has been renovated recently as a lot seemed to be quite new but the locks on the doors are old-fashioned key-locks - swipe cards would have eliminated this bit of noise anyway. My partner was awoken a couple of times during the night.

We actually requested a quiet room but were told this couldn't be guaranteed as the hotel was located in the centre of the village!

The bar was good and we had a decent brakfast there. The restaraunt was full so we ate at a place called Keane's just down the street which was very good. We had a couple of beers back at the bar which had a good atmosphere. There is no gym/pool onsite which you can get with other hotels for the same price.

All up I think you can do better especially if you don't need to stay in Oranmore. We paid 85 euro and I don't think we got value for money.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank fergalfrog
Reviewed 11 September 2008

Needless to say that it was raining when we arrived in Oranmore after a longish drive up from Kilkenny, and not having been here before did not know what to expect.
The hotel is situated on the main street in the town and was easy to find and within a short while were settled in our room, which was clean, comfortable and, as it was at the back, relatively quiet.
The bar and restaurant were welcoming and a pleasant refuge from the world outside and the food was very good. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful and as the header says, I lost my heart to the smile!!!
Oranmore is only a 10 minute bus ride from Galway and everything that is on offer there. Loved the bars which were numerous and the general buzz in the place.
Hope to return in the not too distant future as the lifestyle will surely seduce you.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
Maldron Hotel Galway
Jurys Inn Galway
Jurys Inn Galway
#8 of 46 in Galway
Flannery's Hotel Galway

Been to The Coach House Hotel? Share your experiences!