“A wonderful stay”
Review of Ocean View B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oranmore
Ocean View B&B
Ranked #7 of 9 Oranmore B&B and Inns
Rockport, Maine
“A wonderful stay”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I had the great pleasure of spending three nights in this little gem. We had a wonderful stay. The room was great, very clean and comfortable.The breakfasts were wonderful with great choices everyday. The owner was so nice and very social. You couldn't but like this place as nothing lacked. We even had a beautiful water view from our room and also from the breakfast area. We would definitely stay here again when back in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank siobhan g

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Taunton, MA
Reviewed 28 December 2011

The first two nights of our trip to Ireland we spent at this B&B. What a great choice we made. Rose Mary is a great host and made all four of us feel right at home. The rooms were clean, comfortable and we all got a good night's sleep in this quiet home. We loved the breakfasts that Rose Mary cooked up for us - Full Irish, veggie omelettes and pancakes. Don't miss the pancakes!!! Also, don't miss a chance to go on a tour of Oranmore Castle with Rose Mary. It's a 2 minute drive from her house so you have to go. She knows the place inside and out and having her as our guide through the castle was one of the highlights of our trip. Very enjoyable stay in a great location with easy access to Galway City. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I was traveling with 3 women( Brave me!) We did not have a booking. Rosemary, welcomed us with Grand tea and sweet bread! The rooms were very nice/wonderful breakfast...She is a terrific "inn keeper"! We would stay there again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Rose Marie was so welcoming and helpful. She knows all the best places to visit and won't hesitate to help make reservations for you. She can even tour you through the castle at Oranmore. Her house was very comfortable and her breakfast was lovely. She even serves American pancakes, but we preferred the full Irish breakfast. We enjoyed visiting with her each morning. The rooms were very clean with fresh linens and a tea kettle. Beds were very comfortable. Galway is a great city, I wish we had had more time to tour around there. Hindsight, I might not have done all the driving to see Connemara on a rainy day and stayed in town to tour and shop. Trad on the Prom was a great show to watch in Galway, if you like Irish music and dance. I would definitely stay with Rose Marie again, if I'm ever back that way, she and her B&B are a real gem!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed at this lovely b&b with my husband's parents for one night. After traveling 6 hours, Rose Mary, who is a fantastic lady, welcomed us with a huge smile and some homemade breads and coffee. We had very clean comfortable rooms and a terrific breakfast, especially the pancakes. My husband and I enjoyed a long brisk walk along the bay on the coast road and got some great photos. This is a great area for walking and running. Oranmore has a charming "downtown" area and we had a nice dinner there. We would have liked to stay longer if we had the time. Overall, it was a great experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Stirling, Scotland
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We had booked for one night with Rose Mary but stayed for two thanks to her excellent advice that we should visit Connemara. Rose Mary was very friendly and helpful providing information on the local area and the best places to eat. Her house was homely and very comfortable and it was very relaxing eating our delicious breakfasts in the bright conservatory looking out across the field to Galway Bay. We had chosen to stay outside Galway for peace and relaxation and we were not disappointed. We would have no hesitation in staying with Rose Mary again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
portimao
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I agree with the previous reviews. Rose Mary welcomes you into her home which, from the rear of the house, offers a beautiful view, the horse in the field completed the picture.
She has a wealth of local knowledge. My bedroom was comfortable and I appreciated the tea/coffee making facilities.
Breakfast was delicious the first morning, the second morning I was denied that as I broke my tooth the previous evening and had to make do with porridge - delicious but I felt deprived of the goodies I knew were lurking in the kitchen! I would give Rose Mary and her home 5 stars.
I chose Oranmore because I didn't want the stress of driving and finding my way alone around Galway. It was the perfect choice as I parked my car and took the bus into Galway, bus stop 4 minutes walk away.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo