“Good food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Basilico Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Oranmore
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Basilico, Galway's award winning Italian restaurant in the heart of Oranmore. Basilico offers the finest of contemporary Italian cooking in surroundings nothing short of sheer elegance. Translated Basilico is Italian for Basil. This essence has been incorporated in every detail of this charming and sophisticated restaurant and bar; from Paolo Sabatini's creative Italian menus and Fabiano's selected wine list, to the inviting interiors providing comfortable, intimate and memorable experience.
Newtown Vic Australia
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We didn't have a reservation however a table was quickly found for us without fuss. Good choice on the menu and prepared and served in a reasonable time by friendly and attentive staff. Would recommend.

Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Dundalk, Ireland
“Great Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Really good meal, great kids menu and one of the best seafood risottos I have had. Pizza was excellent and there was a really comprehensive desert menu. We will be back

Nick O, Owner at Basilico Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thanks For your Good Review,

We are really working hard to produce the Best Italian Cuisine Outside of Italy !!!

Unfortunately we cannot please everybody at all the times, but it is very nice to see that you appreciate our Hard work.

King Regards

Paolo
“Burnt”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Got a takeaway last weekend. Unfortunately one of the pizzas was burnt. How was it let out like that! As I live 10 minutes away I didn't bring it back. Standards are slipping. I won't be back.

5 Thank Ocras123
Dear Costumer,

we always have the same Pizza Chef Marco, making some of the best pizza in Ireland, using the finest of the local produce such as Toonsbridge Buffalo mozzarella artisan made in Cork, Irish Local Hams & Sausages, etc. But you must understand that even the Best Chef, during a very busy week end, making about 200 pizza a night, could make a mistake.
Please Contact us directly next time and we will be happy to offer you a Free Pizza on the House to apologise.
Kind Regards

Paolo
Drogheda, Ireland
“very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

After hearing great reviews we booked for june bank holiday. I ordered the special and was astonished at what was served to me. The dish itself was served with burnt edges and the food its was terrible. After almost a half hour wait this was very disappointing.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank cal19722014
Dear Guest,

I am extremely disappointed to read about the poor service you received at our Restaurant.

I would like to look into this further and would really appreciate if you would contact me directly.

Again I do apologise and hope that I will hear from you in the near future.

Best wishes

Paolo Sabatini

Director and Head Chef
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Good dinner in the Front Restaurant (not the Italian Restaurant located behind)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I saw the specials of the day signboard. A EURO 9 daily special for dinner caught our eye. They have different specials every night. On this night grilled items were the speciality. We went in.

My wife ordered the grilled Chicken with chips and vegetables. I had seen an excellent looking HAKE FILLET at another table and ordered it. Neither of us were disappointed. My wife's chicken was tender. My HAKE was cooked just right. Presentation was very good.

My wife's entree was, as advertised, EURO 9.00. My HAKE was EURO 16.95.

If I were to go back I would most likely order one of the specials of the day. Much better value (but the HAKE was very good.)

• Visited May 2014