“It's like living in a story book!!!!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Entrance Kitchen
View of the Atlantic Shoreline
View from Front of Cottage
Seaview adjacant to cottage
View of the Atlantic Coast with Ardfry in the background
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Dirish96
“It's like living in a story book!!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 September 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My family (extended) has stayed here many times and always loved it. I stayed here with my husband, two kids, and my mother...plenty of room for everyone....it is so quaint...the beds were very comfortable....my boys looked forward to making a turf fire every morning and every night... within walking distance of a store that carries almost everything....surrounded by horses, donkeys, sheep, cows , and two neighbor dogs that would come and surprise us- Beans and Bingo....we fell in love with those beagles that when we got back to the States we bought a beagle puppy and named her Beans!!! We created life long memories there and the owner and caretaker were very helpful and hospitable...I would definitely recommend this gorgeous thatched cottage.

Management Response
18 Sep 2017
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to see you back again.Thank you for writing the review.
Indianexp...
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A real treat”
Reviewed 17 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This was a real treat for me. I came to Ireland to do research on my ancestors and found this lovely, 300-year old cottage. As part of my trip I wanted to get a sense of what my ancestors left when they emigrated to America. This cottage gave me a good sense of that, although I was in much more comfort. One of my favorite aspects was have a peat fire going when we were home. The cottage also has radiators, which we also used, but the smell and warmth generated by the fire made it feel like home, and gave a true experience of what it must have been like in the old days. I got great nights of sleep as the beds and bedding are top notch. The bathroom towels are of excellent quality. The cottage is surrounded by farms but is conveniently close to towns with bars and restaurants. I live in a huge city, so waking up to happy cows on the other side of the road was a welcomed aspect of my holiday. In my job I use the computer and internet a lot and I enjoyed a break from that here. While I understand wifi might be added at a later date, I enjoyed my time off the grid, and my wrists got a break from the carpel-tunnel syndrome that I fight at work. In a time when it’s harder and harder to find a kept-up traditional Irish cottage, thatched roof and all, I am grateful that I found this one, close to Galway city, with all the comforts of modern living as well.

Management Response
25 Jul 2017
Thank you Peter. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you back in Galway in the future.
turtlegir...
Cessy
“Gorgeous thatched cottage”
Reviewed 13 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

The second time we stayed at this cottage in the west of Ireland. Full of character, but with all mod cons. In the countryside, but only a 3-minute drive to Oranmore. Friendly donkeys in the field out the back. Seals and foxes just down the road. 10-minute drive from Morans on the Weir.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cosy character of the house
Liked least: No wifi
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 21 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

My 4 sisters and myself took our 82 year old mother for a short break in Galway. We choose Lallys Corner Cottage as it resembled an old Irish cottage that our mum would have grown up in and we wanted her to have a wee trip down memory lane. The house far exceeded our expectations, it was so spacious on the inside with ample room for 10 people, and there was only 6 of us. The owner Mary C was so helpful to us before our visit and provided us with lots of info on all the things we could see and do, with the most detailed directions I have ever been given - and her recommendations for where to eat where spot on! The house was so well equipped with everything you would need and we had the lovely surprise of arriving to a welcome food pack of tea/coffee, wheaten bread, butter, milk, yogurts, and fruit. We where welcomed by Mary O' who checked we where Ok and showed us how to work the heat and the cooker, a lovely women who made you feel like you've known her all your life.The area was beautiful, and we where able to sit outside and have our breakfast every morning and watch a local rider hack by our wall, while listening to someone playing an accordion somewhere in the distance - pure bliss! The house is only a 5min drive to the local village of Oranmore where you can get any supplies you need, and a couple of really nice restaurants if you don't feel like cooking. We had an absolutely amazing time in Lallys Cottage and are hoping to go back again next year.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The old world charm - but with all the modern things you would need
Liked least: We didnt care that there was no wi-fi, but young families might
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Large groups
Kathleen...
Hartford, Connecticut
“Lovely renovated cottage”
Reviewed 4 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

This cottage was beyond our expectations by far. The setting was gorgeous and the cottage authentic, though completely renovated with every modern convenience. We had three generations staying and they all adored it! Plus our host, Mary, was as lovely and helpful as could be. I would highly recommend a stay there, and would love to come back myself!

Paul1818
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect Galway location”
Reviewed 7 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

This cottage is a truly authentic experience in rural Ireland. It is beautifully renovated so that you get all the modern conveniences you need to make your stay very comfortable. It is also big so plenty of room to give everyone space. Outside there are lovely gardens and the coast line is within walking distance. There is a local shop within 500m, a town within 3km and Galway city only 20 minutes away by car.I couldn't think of a negative aspect to the cottage...you won't regret booking a holiday here. My family had a great holiday here

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfort of the cottage
Travelling group: Young Children
Large groups
wendy d
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Delightful cottage surrounded by nature”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Lally' corner is an idyllic spot. The cottage is surprisingly spacious inside and full of real character features. The turf fire adds to the authenticity and makes it really cosy. All mod cons are provided. Lots of secure outside space perfect for children or pets. An ideal spot to chill out. Miles of lovely coastal walks. Service was amazing!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and character features
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Large Group
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing