“Great time in Ireland!”

Castle View House
Ranked #3 of 9 Oranmore B&B and Inns
“Great time in Ireland!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at Castleview B&B for two nights. It is a large house facing Galway Bay. The rooms are large and clean, ideal for couples and families with children. It was our second time there: Pat welcomed us in a great manner and prepared Irish breakfast every morning. Her self-made soda bread is the best we have ever eaten. We really recommend this B&B to those who wish to visit Galway, the Cliffs of Moher and the Connemara. Its central position enables you to travel and visit those fantastic places.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lorenza P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hi,

This is a nice and comfortable bed and breakfast guest house. Rooms were neat and clean with all the necessary facilities. Me and my colleague stayed in this guest house for a week and we did not face any issues. The owner Patricia Collins is a very nice and helpful lady. She served wonderful breakfast and helped us a lot. We were on an official stay in Ireland. She gave us proper receipt/invoice which helped us in our claims from our company. When we were leaving, she was very kind and dropped us to our apartment in her car. Would highly recommend this guest house.

Thanks,
Mayank,
India

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MayankAg87
Eketahuna, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our original booking was cancelled for family reasons but they booked us in with Pat at Castleview. I can say we were not disappointed with the substitution. Pat was most welcoming and provided a great breakfast on all 3 days we were there. Our room was comfortable with a nice view across the water to the Castle. Bathroom area was a bit small typical of rooms modified to include ensuites but functional. Overall a comfortable B&B run efficiently by a very helpful owner.

Very handy to Oranmore village for pubs and meals.

Room Tip: Request the downstairs room if you cannot handle stairs.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I 'dropped in' to find a warm welcome by Pat. She only had one small room left and apologized that it wasn't larger. It was perfect. A gorgeous view of the castle, a queen bed and a single bed, plus the shower was wonderful. What more could you want. Then in the morning we had a beautiful full on Irish breakfast.

After talking to Pat on our first evening there I was telling her about the things I wanted to see. I laughingly said I wanted to ride on a jaunting car around the Lakes of Killarney after hearing all those songs from my youth in an Irish pub. Well, the next morning, there she was with her laptop and played the song I had mentioned earlier. She came over, took my hand and we danced around the room to the music! What a wonderful experience.

On our second morning she asked us what we had planned for the day, and when finding out that we missed Connemara, sent us packing up for the day. She told us not to miss out on Kylemore Abbey, the town where they filmed The Quiet Man, and the Castle where Ronald Regan stayed. She couldn't have been a more perfect hostess.

Pat's home is warm and welcoming. She is like your favorite aunt or sister. Her home is a hop, skip and jump to Galway and her Irish charm just made our trip even that more special. And, yes, I did get a ride in a jaunting car.

Thanks, Pat, for the memories I'll cherish forever.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My wife and I stayed one night and could not be happier. The lady who runs the b&b was very friendly and most helpful. Great breakfast with fantastic home made bread. Very close to the city centre of Galway with a quant little village just down the road. Only thing missing was tea making facility. Ate at the boathouse restaurant slightly upmarket but great value.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My brother and I stayed here for 5 nights and had a wonderful time. With a gem of a village up the road, a beautiful view of the water and a quick drive to Gallway, this the perfect place to stay. Mrs. Collins runs the B&B and is the sweetest woman and we felt more than welcomed here. Every morning she made us a delicious Irish breakfast and sat down and chatted with us and then gave us great recommendations for places to eat and see.

The house was lovely and our room had a great view. It was quaint and we felt very comfortable.

Speaking to the poor review saying she is the wicked witch of the west, I can absolutely promise Mrs. Collins is anything but. She is very kind and caring and was very interested in learning about us and our travels.

All in all we were extremely happy here and would recommend Castle View Inn to everyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night (14 July 2013) and were greeted and treated very nicely by Mrs. Collins. We both had a good night's sleep and both enjoyed our breakfast. We enjoyed meeting others at the breakfast table and had a happy chat together.

Mrs Collin's homemade bread was delicious and there was no limit to the amount of food offered.

Thank you Pat - we would be very happy to stay again if in your area.

Hilary Millar.

Room Tip: Ground floor room suited limited mobility and had shower cubicle.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
Oranmore Lodge Hotel
#19 of 45 in Galway
Clayton Hotel Galway
Clayton Hotel Galway
#11 of 45 in Galway

Been to Castle View House? Share your experiences!