“Warm and inviting”

Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Keanes Bar and Restaurant is a family run business. Entering into a lovely stove fire, giving that extra touch to the cosy and warm atmosphere. Breakfast served Mon-Sat 10-12, Lunch from 12-6 Sun-Sat, A'la Carte 6-9 Sun-Thurs 9.30 Fri-Sat. Cater's for partys and large groups, Live Music every Sat and Trad Session every Sunday.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We arrived on spec but were warmly greeted. Service was courteous and quick and the food lacked nothing. Three of us all had different choices and they were all well prepared and served. Looks like a pub from the outside but the interior is warmly decorated and has a good ambience.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Ate in keanes this evening for the second time. On our first visit (a few months ago) 2 of the 4 people at the table found plastic in their 2 different main courses( fajitas and fish). The waitress on the evening was very apologetic and gave all 4 of us a free dessert to compensate. We gave them benefit of the doubt thinking it could happen to anyone. This evening we gave them a second chance. I ordered the chicken gougons. When the food arrived I started into the salad only to find a daddy long legs spider. I was horrified and called the waitress who offered me a replacement meal which I ordered. When the bill arrived I was most disappointed that we were charged full price for all meals. We complained to the waitress who just about managed a sorry. The attitude of the staff annoyed me more than the spider. It's was absolutely pathetic service. We will not be going back. Bad kitchen and bad service not a good combination.

2  Thank bforan
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was my second visit to this Pub. The seafood chowder is the best we have ever eaten. Friendly staff, easy to find.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed at a hotel locally that was charging a crazy amount for breakfast - so found Keanes in Oranmore. We were made very welcome and they do a good range of dishes for breakfast. Our 2 small children opted for the pancakes - which were generously proportioned and were eaten at a pace we'd never seen with our two before! I had the full irish breakfast which was delightful. Not greasy like many others - with more toast than you can eat! Excellent value and great quality. We went back the following morning as it was so good. Well recommended.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Was told about this place while in galway for a weekend! As a chef myself I am very fussy about where I eat but I have to say the food here was amazing I went for the stuffed chicken and my partner went for the rib eye steak that was on special which was cooked to a perfect medium I then went for a sticky toffee pudding which I can never say no too and this also was really good! We were first served by a red haired girl who was very helpful! I would deffinatly come back here on my next visit to galway! Keep up the good work!