Maldron Hotel Galway
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$128
Shanlin House B+B(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$93
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$157
Travelocity
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$134
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$170
TripAdvisor
Hillview B&B(Oranmore)
TripAdvisor
1,215 results
All reviewsacross the roadkids clubgames roomfamily friendly hotelswimming poolfamily roombar foodleisure centrefamily breakbreakfast and dinnerself servicehotel barduty managersingle bedtop classfood was lovelymin drive
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My trip started well and upon arrival my family was met by very friendly staff and we were given prompt service the room while was hot was spacious and well laid out however the only downside to the stay was the breakfast served on saturday and sunday mornings it was terrible on saturday morning the sausages were pale and under cooked and the residue on the bacon had to be scraped off and in the end it just put me off its not what you expect for the amount you pay and this morning sunday, I arrived to find the air con turned on full so much so that when i tried to shake some pepper onto my eggs the wind force from the air conditioning was so strong the pepper never made it to the plate instead it went to the side of the plate about a foot away i requested that air unit be decreased a little but the this time my breakfast was cold and i lost my appetite after this so i was not impressed with the breakfast so much so that i was forced to take my family elsewhere for food .would i stay there again ..maybe but would not eat there.

Room Tip: try to avoid any room over the pub or main door entrance as if you want a quiet nights sleep it will not happen there as you have buses arriving and the reversing becons from these are noisy and the pub speaks for itself when revellers want to smoke they will do so outside and are quiet noisy so best to avoid these spots however it is a good hotel overall
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Rodge67,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. We certainly take your comments on board in relation to Breakfast and will ensure these issues do not arise in the future. I hope otherwise you enjoyed your trip to Galway and we look forward to seeing you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

We stay the weekend at the end of May. 1st thing that happen was a faulty key couldn't get into our room, receptionist was helpful.

Breakfast the first morning wasn't up to much orange and apple juice diluted.

The dinner that night was very good and so was the service but one of our party had already complain about their room at this stage.

Then the faulty key happen again. When I rang from another room. The receptionist asked me would you like me to come up. Then to be told standing in the corridor it might work until Sunday (the day we are leaving)

Then when we were getting ready to leave on the Sunday morning I notice that there was coffee stains on the sheet of the single bed that my child was sleeping in. My advice check your room first. If you are happy then pay, but we paid when we check in bad mistake.

Did get phone call from the manager of the hotel when i got home to apologies if I'm back down in Galway ring him personally to booked me in. Hopefully I would have a better stay than this one and the price would be negotiable. i will keep you all posted.

• Stayed: May 2013
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Thynds,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent stay to Galway. I am very disappointed to read your review and your rating of the Hotel, my apologies that we did not meet your expectations.. We will certainly take your comments on board and have the issues you have raised addressed immediately. Please be assured if issues do arise in the Hotel we deal with them there and then in order to ensure all guests have as comfortable and enjoyable a stay as possible.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

My friend and I went on a road trip around the west of Ireland. This hotel was ideal as only 15 minutes out of Galway city centre. The hotel staff were friendly, the room was clean and overall we got a good deal price wise. However, our room was situated at the front of the hotel which was above the smoking shelter so was noisy during the night. In the morning there were also some really noisy guests checking out at around 7am which only added to our frustration as were kept awake late and woken early. The guests leaving in the morning was not the fault of the hotel, and I accept can happen anywhere!
Overall it was well priced and clean which was the main thing we wanted.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not at the front due to other guests arriving and leaving, the smoking shelter, and cinema complex opposite.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Lisa L.
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. I am glad to learn overall you enjoyed your stay with us. On your next stay I would recommend requesting a quiet room at the end of a corridor perhaps.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We had a one night stay and Reception Staff were very welcoming. Leisure centre Facilities were excellent, Kids enjoyed the pool, and my other half said that the GYM facilities were top notch too. I have to say, Shane who works behind the bar is a great Character and is a Valuable asset to the hotel. Will stay here again, great value. A word of thanks to Jakub in Reservations for sorting out or inital query on our booking.

Deae Andrea O,
Thank you very much for posting a review following your recent stay with us at the Maldron Hotel Galway we very much appreciate your positive comments. It is encouraging for all the team to learn you found the Hotel comfortable and everything to your satisfaction.
We do hope to see you back in the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband daughter and I decided to stay at this hotel based on it's last minute availability. The atmosphere was very clean and nice. The room could have fit four and that would have been comfortable. One down side to our stay would have been with out air conditioning or even a fan in the room, it was hot in the room. The breakfast was very nice with a fair variety to choose from.

1  Thank Livengood71