Maldron Hotel Galway
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$128
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$157
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$134
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$292
US$256
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,215 results
All reviewsacross the roadkids clubgames roomfamily friendly hotelswimming poolfamily roombar foodleisure centrefamily breakbreakfast and dinnerself servicehotel barduty managersingle bedtop classfood was lovelymin drive
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had booked a few days away for New Year, and on arrival at the Maldron it looked ok from outside. As we entered the building the glass in the doors was grubby and not a great first impression. As we made our way to check in, the reception area was crawling with children, who were in no way being restrained or supervised it was like a creche. The noise levels of them squealing and tearing around the place was dreadful.We asked the receptionist if this would be happening over our stay and she assured us it would as they were a 'family friendly' hotel. It was like a zoo!!!!!
My partner and i took down into the village in the evenings to a lovely quaint little pub to escape to something more civilised as the parents nor the hotel staff once tried to control these little 'darlings'.
We arrived back on the first evening at 0.10am thinking we could get a quiet drink in the residents bar. WRONG!!!!!!! The kids were still racing about as if they were on speed.
It was awful.
The rooms were average. The windows neither kept out the noise or the cold, the room was chilly.
Our room was overlooking the roundabout on the main road, and in the early hours, a boy racer thought it would be good fun skid his car round and round the roundabout. We heard every tyre squeal.
Our room was on the 3rd floor beside a vending machine and a seating area were you guessed it the 'unsupervised' children sat while their parents had a great time elsewhere in the hotel.
Any couple looking for a peaceful break forget about it if you go to the Maldron, its not going to happen.
On the plus side the food in the restaurant was good and the staff where very pleasant.
I can safely say i wont be back. It was a horrendous few days. Never witnessed anything like it before and yes i am a parent of 4 children.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank breakaway14
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Breakaway14,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to learn you did not enjoy your break with us. Our aim is always to provide excellent customer service in comfortable surroundings, exceeding our guest expectations but unfortunately we did not succeed on this occasion and I do apologise.
We will certainly take not of your feedback and address the issue you have raised in our efforts to continuously improve.
On a positive note I am pleased you recognised the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and the quality of the food.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel during the year.
Dermot Comerford,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Second time staying in this hotel. Reasonably priced.Very relaxed and calming atomsphere. Rooms nice and clean. Great breakfast. Staff throughout hotel friendly and helpful. Children loved the pool. Cinema and bowling alley accross the road from hotel. Close proximity to Galway city. Park and Ride facility to and from Galway city for Christmas season nearby at racecourse. Will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear maireadmonaghan69,
Thank you for completing a review following your recent stay with us. I really appreciate your kind comments and the staff are delighted to get the acknowledgement for their hard work over the busy Christmas period. Your support as a return guest is much appreciated.
We hope to be welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.
Happy New Year.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Had a family stay here in December, don't know if it's just the 3rd floor but the whole place felt so grubby. The windows in the lobby were in need of a clean. The staff were pleasant enough but the bar food was awful. The breakfast was just ok. Overall I would not recommend this hotel and I won't waste my money staying here again.

Stayed: December 2013
Dermot31, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Snowflafe1905,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. I am very disappointed to read your review and learn of your experience and I would like to apologise for the shortcomings you experienced.
We are in the process of renovating all our bedrooms and we have upgraded significantly the majority of the rooms in the Hotel at this stage and hope to complete the programme during 2014. My team and I have discussed your comments in relation to your overe all experience and certainly take your feedback on board,our aim is always to exceed customer expectations. Please let me know if I can be off any further assistance in the future.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I recently had dinner in the restaurant with a friend and would just like to say I was very happy with both the food and service. Was greeted by lovely manager Clare who showed us to our table and called by again to check if we had everything we needed. Also a word of praise to the staff, especially waitress Majella who was chatty and informative about the menu choice. The meal itself was excellent and I will definitely be going back there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Breda R

Dear Breda R.,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent meal at the Maldron Hotel Galway. The team at the Hotel really appreciate your support and kind comments particularly Claire and Majella. I am glad to learn you enjoyed your evening and we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

just come back from a night in maldron,the hotel was lovely all the staff were very friendly ,and helpful.the room was lovely and clean and as was all areas of the hotel,it catered well for kids with pool, play room and playground,the only faults I would have on that front is the kiddie pool is very small and the play room wasn't open on the Monday morning as they had a crèche running?? also straight across the road from the hotel is a cinema,bowling alley and play area for younger kids,so there was plenty to do in and around the hotel without even having to get into the car.i have 1 fault with this hotel and that was the breakfast,although it was reasonably priced as we got breakfast for 2 adults and 3 kids for e26,the breakfast wasn't great it was just pretty tasteless.......but all in all I would definitely stay in hotel again.(would probly just eat elsewhere)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear nicolahealy,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback. I have passed your comments on to the staff who are delighted to get positive feedback and acknowledgement. We will certainly take all your comments and suggestions on board in our efforts to continuously improve our guest experience. We do look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hotel in the near future.