“Pleasant experience”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Oranmore
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Only stayed here for one night and we didn't eat in the restaurant, except for a middle of the road breakfast, so we can't really comment on the food. Reception staff were friendly which is very important to me as I believe service is key in a very competitive market. Good location for exploring Galway and the surrounds and perfect for those who don't want to be in the centre, which seems very loud. Nice clean room and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel on Sunday night, I had a meeting in Galway City centre Monday morning. I found the location suited my trip and the hotel itself to be very clean and staff were brilliant and very helpful. The pinnacle of my stay however had to be breakfast and lunch. Breakfast was hot and fresh with a great choice. Carvery lunch was absolutely delicious!! Although restaurant was very busy, the chef served me in an efficient manner and waiting staff were so professional. The food was tasty, well presented and great portion sizes, I was offered dessert and coffee which were both superb! If it's not for the food I shall be returning it's the warm atmosphere created by all the staff! As it's only a three star hotel,I think the food deserves five stars!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Daria C
UK
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I recently stayed with a 6 yr old and elderly parents, a mixed bunch with individual needs!
We checked in early afternoon to find our generous sized rooms ready and cleaned to perfection.
Well done Housekeeping, we had a chat with a lovely Austrian girl on work placement. Sorry, no name. The receptionist managed to get us 2 rooms together which helped greatly.

Friends joined us in the bar that evening for dinner. There was a good choice of dishes and they were enjoyed by all.
There is a free childrens club to avail of but we chose not to use it on this occasion.
However we did use the pool facilities and found them clean and well maintained.

Breakfast was busy as we were late rising, (comfy beds) but there is a clearly displayed Traffic light sign explaining the busy times to avoid queuing.
Following a good irish breakfast and the novelty of decorating our own pancakes we left and wished we could have stayed a second night.
Well done Maldron Galway, we will return next summer.

Paris, France
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I spent 2 nights in this hotel very comfortable and cosy. I really enjoy the bedrooms and tne swimming pool area.
It is very convenient for a weekend in Galway.
The staff is lovely specially the breakfast room Irish and French staff.
I recommand this hotel warmly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Pierre C
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed for 5 days. Beautiful hotel. Top class food and fantastic service (especially in the restaurant). Couldn't have asked for more. What more can I say. (Felt more special than any other 3* hotel we have stayed in before). A+. There may be one problem if you have no car, as the hotel is not in central Galway, but about 8 miles away. It is located beside a small village called Oranmore, which is lovely with lots of places to eat, worth a visit. Would highly recommend the Maldron. Has a fantastic swimming pool and fitness room.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have just returned from the Maldron First I have to say the staff were brilliant very helpful rooms ok but extremely warm at night But I have to complain about the evening meal The kids buffet was terrible all the food was as hard as a rock must have been there for ages the kids could not eat it but one of the staff noticed it and offered to make up fresh pasta and sauce so no selection The adults dinner was re heated the chicken was full of salt the gravy all lumps I was disappointed as the breakfast was lovely with a great selection there was pancakes for the kids which was a bonus If we decide to come back it will be B&B only ...

2 Thank geraldine w
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I went there for a 4 day break with the kids. With a short drive to Galway City to satisfy my wifes shopping needs and a further 2 mins to Salthill for the kids. This location was ideal because it was quiet at night but close enough to City life. The hotel is clean, the food is very good and the staff are helpful and friendly, one who deserves a mention is Majella who is a great asset to this hotel, Our Son has special needs and nothing was a bother to her. We would recommend this hotel and will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
Flannery's Hotel Galway
Clybaun Hotel
Clybaun Hotel
#6 of 46 in Galway
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway

Been to Maldron Hotel Galway? Share your experiences!