“Oranmore Lodge Hotel-great experience”

Oranmore Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Oranmore
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel just outside of Galway and loved it. The rooms were very big and we enjoyed our stay. There was also a very nice bar to have a couple of pints. We would definitely stay here again. Great for families.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here on business in Ireland. Great value and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Located in nice surroundings. didn't use leisure club but it looked very nice. Would stay here again on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had our Civil Ceremony and reception for seventy guests in this hotel in this hotel on 14th Feb this year.
There is only one thing we can say about this hotel.
"Incredible"
From the word go our first meeting with the Events Manager.(Shirley) She was friendly and professional and had lots of good ideas and advice for us, and at the end of the meeting we were offered a fantastic reception package at a very reasonable price.
On the day...The room for the Civil Ceremony was first class. Everything looked so well.
The Reception The meal was wonderful with a great choice of foods to suit everyone's taste. The venue and the setting was fantastic.
Bar/Lounge ...First Class Bar Service.
Bedrooms...Top Class.
We can't say enough good things about this Hotel and its Staff.
Thanks to Shirley and all the Staff of this Hotel for giving us a wonderful day.

Donna and Declan

Room Tip: All rooms look great
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had our wedding reception in 'The Oranmore Lodge' on April 5th and would highly recommend it as a wedding venue. They made the planning process really easy for us. We were dealing with Shirley and she covered every detail we asked for and was really patient with last minute changes. The day itself couldn't have gone better. Our guests are still telling us how lovely and plentiful the food was and how friendly the staff were. There's a great homely atmosphere in the hotel which was what drew us to this venue in the first place. It's difficult to find a venue this intimate for a party of 200+. We were delighted with this find. The wedding packages are very reasonably priced too. We felt like we were incurring all sorts of extras all day but the price we paid was exactly what we had been quoted. To top it all off we have membership in the very nice leisure centre for the next 6 MONTHS:) as part of our package. As I said, I simply can't fault this wedding venue.x. L*

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shmoostar
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I recently stayed in this beautiful hotel I had actually never heard of it until I saw a voucher for it on a website. I purchased one as a gift for Christmas. I was aware of the blackout dates and took some time off work to stay mid-week. I rang to make a reservation the week before and after looking at Oranmore lodge hotels website was hoping to upgrade to one of the executive suites.
The lady who took my call was very nice until I mentioned I had a voucher but I wanted to upgrade. I don't think she heard beyond the word voucher. Her whole tone of voice changed, as she informed me she had no rooms available. I asked was this because I had a voucher and still in a very dismissive and rude tone she explained they only had a certain amount of rooms for voucher holders. I asked again would I be able to upgrade and if so how much it would cost to which she told me she had no executive suites available on the dates I required. As these were the only dates I could go I asked how much extra would I need to pay to upgrade to a non voucher room. She asked me to hold but assured me that I probably couldn't be accommodated. A second lady came to the phone then and she was absolutely lovely, told me she had an executive suite available and how much extra it would cost and took my reservation immediately.

When I arrived I very impressed with the beauty of the hotel, my excitement dissipated somewhat as I waited nearly 15 minutes for the receptionist to acknowledge me. A little nod or smile as she talked on the phone would have been much more preferable to the surly glare she briefly gave as I stood waiting.

I was finally given the keys to a suite which was lovely. Although the snack packs and bath robes the website promised never materialised. On the first night at 11.30pm I was treated to the noise of furniture being dragged through the suite next door, by staff. This wasn't nearly as unsettling as the clashing Delph that woke me at 7.30am or the loud voice of some man at 9.30am who sounded like he was in my room not the suite next door, excitedly talking about his plans for his company's future and treating me to a long lecture on statistics.

On the other hand breakfast was lovely, the food delicious and the girl who served us delightful.
Our second night was a lot more relaxed thank goodness
I did leave a filled in comment card and sent an email to the hotel but surprise surprise it's all been ignored.

I ended up paying full price for my room as I upgraded but even with the voucher this hotel is not worth the price they charge, and certainly not the level of customer care you would expect from a four star hotel especially one that seems to pride itself on being a family run hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Laura M
ShirleyKilduff, Front Office Manager at Oranmore Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Laura M,

I am sure you have received my email with regards to your feedback.

As explained the receptionist that initially answered your call was on her first day and was unaware of the way the vouchers worked, however she did hand the call to the senior receptionist who took your booking immediately without hesitation.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel to show you that the issues you came across are not the norm and we most certainly would like to put it right.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Had a lovely stay over the Paddy's day long weekend, found the hotel to be clean and very, very friendly! Always a nice smile from the front desk, and very helpful for local tips etc.. Has to be said we barely heard a single noise from any of the other rooms while in our own, and the hotel was pretty busy from what we saw, so your guaranteed a quiet night's sleep! Beds, very comfy, room was spacious, and the leisure centre was really great with hot tubs, steam rooms and a cool pool- felt fantastic after our late night outs! Breakfast and bar staff very friendly too... all in all, thanks for the relaxed weekend!

Room Tip: We were 2nd floor, no issues, facing over the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Yann C,

Many thanks for your recent review.

We were thrilled to read your review and are so happy that we met your expectations.

Once again a great big thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

stayed here with a group of 20, march 7/8 2night dbd and dinner. excellent rates and was very easy to organise thanks to sherley at reception. we had our own private section of the hotel so all rooms were beside eachother. dinner was of hightest quality large portions and prompt. rooms were 2double beds in each very spacious. never got time to try the leasure centre. bar was big and all the staff were so nice especially one male waiter whos had a great since of humour and made our night on Friday ( donnacha) I think his name was. on the second day we wanted to swap our dinner for lunch and this was arrange with no complaints and to top it off the brought out a glass of bubbally to everyone free of charge. on check out day I had asked cound we get a little longer lie in and this was also complementary for every room relay couldn't rave enough about this place thanks to all the staff who helped make this such a pleasant for all 20 of us

Room Tip: only 10mins by bus to galway city bus only charged €4.00pp the village is walking distance or 2min b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Olivia H,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your weekend with us.

You were a great bunch of girls from what I hear so thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to post a superb review online for us - we really appreciate it - it was a pleasure dealing with you arranging the booking!

Once again , thank you and I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back at some stage - next time you are visiting Galway, give me a call personally and I will upgrade your room to one of the executive suites.

Sales Reservations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
Maldron Hotel Galway
#21 of 46 in Galway
Jurys Inn Galway
Jurys Inn Galway
#8 of 46 in Galway

Been to Oranmore Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!