“Awesome Service”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Oranmore
Visalia, CA, USA
“Awesome Service”
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I stayed the night here with a friend while traveling in Ireland. What a nice place! The staff was very accomodating. The food and libations were wonderful. I would definitely return here when I travel back to Ireland.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank cadoc1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
castlecomer kilkenny
Reviewed 6 July 2009

This family run Hotel is in Oranmore and is conveniently situated near to Galway City. Their is a Leisure centre with all the usual bits It is clean but it could do with a few colorful Murals or drawings on the walls or ceiling.A few exotic plants would really set it off
We stayed in a family room which was 'roomey' and clean.The bathroom needs a bit modernizing To be honest we did n't eat at the hotel With family we found it a bit expensive
We usually wander around the city to discover new places,pubs and eateries which we did
We had a great fish meal at the famous Mc Donagh's fish restaurant.opposite The Quay's Pub in the city. Fish and chips Fresh from a selection of about 12 types cost about €7.There is definately a Pub or restaurant to suit everyone's taste in the area around the city centre.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights during the Connamarathon. The hotel was clean, well equipped and the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are very spacious and have lovely fresh bedlinen. Although decor is a bit dated the overall standard was great.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 2 March 2009

This hotel is an old resident located in a quiet residential area outside of the village of Oranmore and about 15 minutes from Galway. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and were given one of two remaining rooms, located on the lower level. Unfortunately the hotel does not have an elevator so be prepared to lug your suitcase up/down stairs. The room we were given was very adequate, very clean. After driving for a good part of the day, we were grateful for anything. The hotel has a nice pub and restaurant. We ate two of our dinners there, one at the "restaurant" (which is just a room off of the main lobby) and another at the pub. Food was very good, plenty of it and always served hot. They sure love their potatoes in Ireland. My fiance's dinner meal included three different kinds of potatoes. The hotel also includes a leisure center with sauna, jacuzzi, and nice swimming pool.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
cork
Reviewed 2 December 2008

I spent 2 nights in this hotel recently with my daughter, now aged 4. What a wonderful, relaxing experience it was - I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, whatever the purpose of their trip.

First impressions on arrival; a lovely big building set off the road between the village of Oranmore and Galway city. Reception was bright and comfortably furnished, and there was a very peaceful atmosphere form the moment we walked in. It is often the case when entering a hotel of this quality that travellers with small children can feel very unwelcome and out of place; I have often felt under pressure to keep the little one absolutely silent at all times to avoid ruining the experience for other guests. That was not the case here at all, my daughter was given the same warm welcome as all of the other guests, staff members going out of their way to chatter with her and keep her entertained.

We were given a room on the ground floor and I was delighted with the space and comfort within. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and a good size too, with a powerful shower that blasted plenty of hot water out in the mornings. The beds were super-comfortable, with crisp white duvets and puffy pillows. With the curtains closed, the room was pitch dark and perfectly silent....if you need a good nights sleep, then this is the place for you! I was surprised to find there was a family with small children staying just next door - we hadnt heard a peep all night. The sound insulation must be very good in this hotel!

Breakfast was good, the choice was plentiful and the hot food was cooked to perfection. Nothing was too much trouble for the smiling staff, we felt very well looked after.

We used the swimming pool several times during our stay, my daughter being a bit of a water baby. The pool was smallish in size but mostly empty so not a problem for us. The changing rooms were quite chilly due to the ventilation - but this was necessary to keep the floors and walls dry, and ensured we got changed very quickly after our swim! There was a row of hairdriers for use by patrons, and even a set of hair straighteners for those with the time and the inclination, all kept hanging safely out of the reach of small hands.

All of this was great, of course, but the thing that added most to our stay and the thing that I cannot praise highly enough, was the friendliness of the staff. Not one person was spotted without a smile on their face, and as I said before nothing was too much trouble. The staff either really love what they do, or have been chosen very carefully, but it was so nice to be made to feel so welcome throughout our stay. From the man on the desk at the pool who remembered my daughters name, to the unseen chef in the restaurant who somehow knew on the second morning of our stay that my daughter was the guest with the strange aversion to parsley, and remembered to leave it off her plate, everyone in this hotel did their bit to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

Stay here, its a really fantastic hotel with wonderful staff.

• Liked — the wonderful staff
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank needspace
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Myself and my fiancee are getting married in this hotel in september 2009 and we have had lunch in the hotel on a number of occasions but we had not spent a night in the hotel. Recently my parents along with both myself and my fiancee decided to stay there for a night because my mother wanted to see the hotel before anyone else did. We booked in for one night and booked two rooms. Firstly I have to say the rooms really impressed me, the size of the room was definitely a plus, it had 2 double beds, tv, bathroom with bath and shower. The shower was superb, powerful and the temperature was adjustable. The good thing about the hotel is that each of the rooms are of this size, some with 3 beds to accomadate familys. There was a wedding on the night we stayed but we heard no noise from anyone and I have to add the measures that the hotel employ to ensure no one other than guests have access to the rooms after a certain time of night is impressive and gave me reassurance when guests for our wedding stay there.

We decided to have an evening meal in the hotel, there were two menus; an a la carte and a set menu, we ordered from the set menu (starter, main and desert) The waitress was prompt in taking our orders and even though there was a wedding on at the same time our courses were served up promptly and each course was cooked to perfection, the waitress was very attentive, she continued to enquire if we needed anything and that everything was good. When it came to the desert my mother said she didn't want anything but the waitress suggested she just have a scoop of ice cream (the waitress didn't say it but as it was from the set menu we had already paid for the desert and might as well get it) my mother was impressed by this and was glad she did get the ice cream.

We decided to go down to the village of Oranmore and I asked at the reception about the pubs there and which ones they would recommend, we were given the name of one of the pubs that the manager recommended and when we went to this pub 'Keanes' we really enjoyed the night.

On returning to the hotel around half one we decided to have a drink in the residents bar. The barman asked me my room number and name and checked it on the system before serving me, this impressed me as it gave me more confidence that they run a professional hotel and that no one other than guests can be served on the premises after normal pub hours.

The next morning I went to their leisure center for a swim and sauna, the leisure center is complementary for guests and you are supplied with a towel.

It is a family run hotel and this is evident in the service that they supply. The food there is excellent and I eat out a lot (and not just macdonalds) so, I know when I am getting good food.

The bar is small and homely, they don't have a huge selection of spirits but they have all the essentials and anyways the village is only a 10 min walk and Galway city is a 10 min drive from the hotel.

The rooms are comfortable and spacious and the area is quite and secluded.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel and I am glad it is where we will be getting married.

It would be ideal for a family or older couple or a romantic weekend.

• Liked — The friendly service and spacious rooms
  • Disliked — The pool was slightly colder than I would have liked.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baughurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2008

Hotel about five minutes drive from Galway Airport. Hired a car from the airport at Europcar which was the cheapest and toured all round Galway. Did day trips out to Cliffs of Moher, Portumna Forest Park, drove to Wesport, Mayo. Ate at some lovely restaurants like Park House Hotel and McSwiggans. Service in all places were excellent. Food at Oranmore Lodge Hotel was excellent and would definitely recommend the food there. Hotel room was okay which had two double beds in it which was good if you are sharing a room as I did. Loved the guinness and the Irish music. People were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good you could have cooked breakfast and continental if you wish and they served til 10am each day. Enjoyed this trip and would definitely go there again. Very scenic and unspoilt and a beautiful country. Maps were easy to read and find places of interest. There is also a nice italian Bistro restaurant in Oranmore vilage.

• Liked — Near the airport and near the city of Galway
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
Maldron Hotel Galway
#6 of 46 in Galway
Clayton Hotel Galway
Clayton Hotel Galway
#11 of 46 in Galway

Been to Oranmore Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!