“Wow! Worth a visit!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Kansas City, Kansas
“Wow! Worth a visit!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stopped by The Boathouse on a whim and it ended up being one of the best meals we had on our trip to Ireland.

The food was pure perfection from the starter to the main course and on to dessert. The staff was very friendly and talkative, and the service was fantastic by Irish standards. They even brought us a few small samplers of different creations their chef was whipping up for us to try. Each one was fantastic. I highly recommend the pigeon for a starter, and my lamb was so tender it just fell apart... my mouth is watering just remembering this meal!

It was a bit pricey, but worth every penny twice over.

Go here if you're nearby, you will not regret it!

Galway, Ireland
“Second visit and still didn't disappoint!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I ate here last weekend- it was our second time to have dinner here - the first time was about 2 months ago. We were very impressed the first time and always worry when we return for a second visit it won't live up to the first experience. But it certainly did. The flavours are wonderful and the ingredients are so fresh. I've had the sea bass the first time and fish and chips the second. Both were wonderful. I had a soup of sweet potato and coconut which was amazing. My husband has a thing for seafood chowder and he compares it everywhere he goes - which often leads to disappointment on his part, but he said the chowder is the best he's ever had- which is high praise coming from him! Unfortunately on both occasions we had no room for dessert- someday we'll manage it! Would highly recommend this restaurant- very enjoyable.

Caen, France
“Top class food and service”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I went to the Boathouse last week. For a family birthday we have been so well looked after, the food and service were to class... Look forward to the next visit already. Special Thanks to Evan.

Dublin
“What arrived was different to what was described on the menu”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Unforgivable for any restaurant to serve a dish which is not described correctly on the menu. I had seabass and the menu did not mention it was wrapped in cooked ham, which there is no way I would ever order it. The sides were good.
Mussels starter was good.
Other than that, it was fine, didn't excel but all ok and it is too expensive.
WIne list is too short.

“Overpriced”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The food is very nice but the service wasn't up to standard. We waited far too long and the dishes didn't all arrive together. Too pricy for a mediocre dining experience. They did apologize and we got something off the bill. But not going back.