“Wonderful anniversary”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I was with my husband 03 of July for 15 wedding anniversary. We are thrilled! Excellent food maybe a little too expencive - for 2 for Starters, Main Course and Desserts and 2 glass of wine we paid alost €100- but honestly we chose the most expensive a la carte! Someone wrote once here that they serve small portions - what nonsense! Food delicious and elegantly presented. Delicious bread as a cover - for me the best white with cumin seeds - delish! I think that once we get back there.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Fantastic seasonal food, well cooked and beautifully presented. Probably the only place in Galway where you'll get wild game and rod caught fish. Excellent wines and friendly staff. It's my go to place when I feel like a real treat.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent and the staff very nice but over all too expensive. They had a billboard outside stating they were serving 2 course or 3 course special. Yet when we were seated and I asked for the specials they said they we're not serving. This was my second visit, the first time I phoned and asked were they doing their special again they said yes and when we went into the resturant they were not, on each occasion, I not make an issue as we has guests with us but that is false advertising and I will not be going back or recommending for that reason. We also waited a bit too long for our food.

4  Thank abmGalway
Anthony P, Head chef at The Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear abmgalway
Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant.
I would like to clarify re our specials that you mentioned.
We run our early bird menu every night from 6-7.30pm 19.90 for two courses or 24.90 for four courses both of these menus include amuse Bouche and petit fours.
I have uploaded a picture of our billboard from the front of the restaurant I hope this helps with any confusion.
Yours sincerely

Anthony

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The boathouse is easily one of the best restaurants I have ever been to, the staff and the food never fail to impress. Whenever I have visitors this is automatically where I bring them to dinner and have always had great reports!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stopped by The Boathouse on a whim and it ended up being one of the best meals we had on our trip to Ireland.

The food was pure perfection from the starter to the main course and on to dessert. The staff was very friendly and talkative, and the service was fantastic by Irish standards. They even brought us a few small samplers of different creations their chef was whipping up for us to try. Each one was fantastic. I highly recommend the pigeon for a starter, and my lamb was so tender it just fell apart... my mouth is watering just remembering this meal!

It was a bit pricey, but worth every penny twice over.

Go here if you're nearby, you will not regret it!