“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Boathouse - CLOSED

The Boathouse
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant in June. It is a fabulous restaurant with amazing food. The steak was one of the best I ever had. I would highly recommend this restaurant .

1 Thank 127holiday

“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times and without doubt it is the best restaurant in Galway. The food is amazing and paired with great staff it is a delight to visit this restaurant. Looking forward to my next meal there. For those living or visiting it is definitely worth a trip.

1 Thank Lilyannaf
“Very satisfied!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We availed of the early bird menu, brought our 3 kids. The two waitresses were very friendly & accommodating and showed us to a good size table at the front. Room is open plan, bit dull actually, expected something bit more cool, relaxed. If you bring kids, I'd recommend sitting around the corner behind the fireplace. The setting is quite intimate, our youngest was acting up and we were VERY conscious of irritating couples eating close by.

The menu choice was very good for early bird. I had the chowder starter, my wife the soup. Both very good, deep flavour, good and hearty with lovely brown bread. For main, I had the Pork Belly - very, very good. Clever use of two contrasting sauces with a spectacular black pudding and al dente veg. My wife had Fish 'n Chips which she polished off with pleasure, slightly disappointed no mushy peas or something to add a contrasting texture. Kids polished off theirs too mind you theirs were not terribly good value for money. Have been to similar quality joints and for the price would have expected at least ice cream for them rolled in to the price.

Overall, very satisfied, 4 out of 5.

Galway, Ireland
“Fabulous Food & Brilliant Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We both went for the early bird, €24.99 for a 3 course meal.....unbelievable value!! For the main we had Fish & Chips and Pork Belly, which both were absolutely fantastic, I cannot recommend thiss restaurant enough, it's a must if you are in the area.

“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I have been three times and each time I found it to be exceptionally nice. They are making an effort to be different with their little tasters before starter and main course. I will be back.