“Scrumptious”

House Bistro
Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Oranmore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Description: Unwind with a refreshing drink at the House Bar in the Coach House Hotel.Entering the Coach House, guests will find themselves in the spacious forward section of the House Bar. With luxurious seating, ambient music, and widescreen TV, the House bar is ideal for all sporting & social occasions. In winter, snuggle up by our open fire which guarantees to keep you warm and cosy. Further back, enclosed by the original stone walls of the coach house, the candlelit main bar provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere in which to enjoy your night out. Feeling peckish? Enjoy meals from our extensive award winning Italian Bar Menu. We serve bar food from 8am to 10pm daily.
“Scrumptious”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Lovely evening meal in this restaurant. I had a pasta dish, my hubby had fish and my daughter had a burger. The food was delicious and full of flavour. Good service and well presented on a busy summers evening. Very enjoyable and would recommend.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
“Ok, staff need bit more training”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Ate here had an Italian meal , food was quiet good except I failed to enjoy it as the cook was arguing with bar staff and was giving out about a customer, more professional please.

Leeds, UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food - service a little lacklustre”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We ate here on a Monday evening with our two small children. The restaurant was clean and has nice decor. The waiter was a bit brusque with us and when he came to take our order, didn't write anything down and was remembering what we asked for. I ordered mussels followed by a chicken dish, my wife ordered the Monkfish and the children ordered spaghetti and pizza respectively.

The food came in good time, and our children's meals were very tasty and plentiful. Happy children. The mussels were plentiful and well cooked - very enjoyable.

When our main courses arrived, the Monkfish my wife had ordered had turned into a scallop risotto. She complained to the waiter who assured her that it was really delicious but would change it if she really wanted what she'd ordered. She offered to eat the risotto as she was hungry and didn't want to wait any longer. She said it was perfectly nice but not really what she ordered.

My chicken was a little bit overdone but otherwise ok. Overall, quite ok - but one word of advice to the waiter - use a pad and pen?

• Visited February 2014
Nick O, Public Relations Manager at House Bistro, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Costumer,

Many thanks for your comments and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to House Bistro Pizzeria.
Our staff take great pride in preparing and serving our valued customers. Our extensive menu offers Italian Style Food using the best of Local and Seasonal Ingredients.
On that Monday Evening we had only 1 waiter and 1 bar person on duty, and we got very busy, the waiter always use pen and pad when taking his orders, but on that moment he went to you directly and he made a mistake with the order, only to try and be faster to make all customers happy.
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Galway, Ireland
“Good not great”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The food here is ok, but it is not quite top drawer. I was with the kids and wife and we all had food from the menu, but while we did eat most of it, there was no highlight. It was typical bar food but not much love thrown in. It will fill a gap but dont expect much.

Visited February 2014
Nick O, Owner at House Bistro, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear your comment, we always work very hard to give everybody a great food experience either in the bar as in the main restaurant.
We feel that maybe if you wanted to get something a little more special, you should try the Basilico Italian Restaurant inside at the back, there you will find a completely different menu with lot's of specials, homemade pastas and fresh fish and meat every evening.
Our Bistro offer a casual dining option with great prices and all food is homemade with LOVE in house, you should try our Amazing Antipasti Platters or the Pizza Romana for 3 people served on a wooden board, they are our specialities !!!
Or maybe next time ask to your waiter for advice, and he will make sure to help you find your favourite dish.

Thanks for your Review and hope to see you again soon.
“Tasty”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here several times . A few occasions I've had pizza but the seafood rissotto is seriously tasty .
I like the laid back approach and the staff are very friendly . I also had the chocolate pudding with pistachio ice cream , I must say a few restaurants could learn from them instead of the frozen desserts other places pass off as made inhouse.