“I felt at home”
Review of Oranhill Lodge

Oranhill Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Oranmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have to say the Ann and Michael's home was a treat to stay in. I found them very welcoming and friendly. The rooms are of a very high standard beautifully fitted out. I love a good shower and found that it was very good here. The dinning room was great. I was at a course in Oranmore and there were 5 of us staying at the B&B and they couldn't have been nicer, with alot of humor thrown in.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My family,including me,my wife and two kids just returned from a weekend in Galway.Oranhill lodge B&B was a great stay there.The rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable.Ann and Michael,the owners,were fabulous and very welcoming.The breakfast was excellent.I will not hesitate in recommending it to my friends and will love to come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank drKoura
Reviewed 28 October 2013

i just returned from a training weekend in Oramore Galway, Mike greeted me and welcomed me into Ann and Mike's beautiful home and a lovely fresh room . Ann was very accomadating with arranging an early breakfast for the group with all our dietary requirements catered for.
The comfort of Oranmore Lodge added to the beautiful weekend I had and I have no hessitation in recomending Oranmore Lodge to anyone who wishes to stay in the area for eith one night or several.
great service beautiful energy and wonderful people

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is a well located, friendly and clean, family run B&B in suburban Galway. Our only complaint was that as soon as the occupants of the room above ours got up, we were awake as we could hear every step they took.

PROS; Warm and friendly host
Clean comfortable room

CONS; First floor room receives all the noise from floor above – I think it was the private residence.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Ann and Michael were so personable and welcoming. Their facility is modern, spotlessly clean with a great shower. Breakfast was superb. They were most willing to provide us with directions and restaurant suggestions in Oranmore.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We had a great stay at Oranhill Lodge on 2-Oct-2013.

This was our first stay in Ireland (on my first visit to Ireland).

After arriving in Oranmore, I had called to get some assistance finding the exact location. Ann answered and provided directions. After being up for almost 20 hours - flight and time change, and a day of site seeing. I didn't quite follow all of the directions... (maybe driving on the right side of the road contributed... lol) anyway, several minutes after when Ann thought I should be arriving, she called (international call) to see if everything was alright and talked me in the rest of the way.

Ann greeted us at the door a few minutes later when we pulled up. She greeted us warmly and showed us to our rooms.

After getting settled in, Ann provided recommendations for dining that evening. We went to Keanes pub on Mainstreet in Oranmore. This was just a short walk from the Oranhill Lodge B&B. Dinner was great - the atmosphere and a pint of Fosters made for a great conclusion to the day.

Back to the B&B - the rooms were clean and modern. Wifi was available and the rooms were ensuite. Bathrooms and linens were clean. I appreciated the hard-wood and tile floors.

After a great night's sleep, we met Michael in the dining room. The dining room was bright and cheery and had plenty of elbow room.

Being our first morning waking up in Ireland - he strongly recommended the Full Irish breakfast. It was fantastic. There was also a buffet with cereals and jams, etc. The homemade bread was excellent.

I decided to try a Weetabix while waiting for breakfast to arrive. After spreading a nice coating of butter on it like a biscuit, Michael pleasantly told me it was actually a cereal that was typically used with milk in a bowl... But at least, I was only the second person that he had seen to use butter on a Wheetabix... This made for a great chuckle for the both of us!

As we were dining, Michael and Ann joined in conversation about our trip and provided suggestions for activities.

Michael and Ann - thank you for being wonderful hosts!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were well received in this B&B, the owners are very friendly and helped us to programe our days. The breakfast is great and the location is ideal to visit the west of irland including the cliffs and conemara park.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranmore
The Twelve Hotel
#3 of 189 in Galway
The Nest Boutique Hostel
The Nest Boutique Hostel
#13 of 189 in Galway

Been to Oranhill Lodge? Share your experiences!