“Great location and friendly staff!”
Review of Oranhill Lodge

Oranhill Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Oranmore B&B and Inns
Atlanta
“Great location and friendly staff!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Oranhill Lodge. We arrived straight from the Dublin airport early afternoon and were greeted by Michael. We were early for check in time but he welcomed us in and gave us some recommendations on what to do that afternoon. We were traveling with our two kids and rented the family room. It was great for a family of four. The B&B is a great location to all the sites in Gallway. But loved how close it was to the village so we could walk into town at night for dinner. Both restaurants recommend by Michael and Ann were fantastic! The breakfast was wonderful and it was all my boys talked about the whole trip. After speaking with Michael he helped us decide the best places to visit in the area. All of his recommendations were great. It was a lovely stay and we really enjoyed our first experience at a B&B.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Finnish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I had a great stay at Oranhill Lodge. I have been to Galway 3 times and this place is the best one I have stayed at. Rooms are pristine and Michael is really nice and friendly. My only regret is that I wish I could have stayed longer!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My parents had an excellent stay at the Oranhill Lodge from the 21st until the 24th of November. Michael greeted us warmly at the door and showed us the room for my parents. The room was very nice, comfortable and spotless clean. Wifi was available and the room was ensuite. Ann and Michael have a beautiful home that meets all you need.

The location of the Oranhill Lodge is ideal to visit the west of Ireland. The B&B is only a little walk from the Oranmore Center away and only a few minutes from Galway.

Ann and Michael were very friendly and helpful. On one of the days my parents made a Tour with the Bus to the Cliffs of Moher and Ann and Michael arranged that they could go on the bus in Oranmore. That was great, because so they had not to drive to Galway.

And now to my parents favorite thing in this B&B: The Breakfast.
It was brilliantly. The breakfast had a wide range of options available. Everything was very lovely prepared.

The Oranhill Lodge was great, it really helped to make the holidays for my parents to something special.

Ann and Michael- thank you for being wonderful hosts!!!

Highly recommended.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I had an excellent stay at Oranhill Lodge while visiting for the recent Galway Comedy Festival.

I normally stay in hotels on my frequent visits to Galway but I decided to give a B&B for a change - I was very pleased with my choice of Oranhill Lodge.

Oranhill Lodge was great, it really helped make the trip so enjoyable. My room was spacious, very, very comfortable, spotless clean and furnished to a very high standard. Breakfast was tremendous, with a wide range of options available, be it cooked or continental.

I cannot end this review without offering a final word of praise to Anne and Michael. They were excellent hosts, very friendly and helpful. Indeed, Michael suggested a couple of cracking pubs in the village of Oranmore, which in itself is a very good base.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Oranhill Lodge very much indeed and can definitely recommend it. Ann, Michael and their family were very friendly and helpful but also gave us space when we wanted it. Our room was really nice and absolutely spotless. Oranmore is a great location for going into Galway - which was lovely - as well as seeing some of the other sights of West Ireland. If - or more likely, when - we come back anywhere near Oranmore/Galway again, we'll definitely be staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Once again while visiting Ireland I returned to Oranhill Lodge. Five years ago I said Oranhill Lodge was excellent and now it's even better - if that's possible. The rooms have been warmly redecorated with colourful throws and there are now captivating framed prints on the walls depicting local scenes. The rooms and bathrooms are spotless with lots of towels. Since my last visit, they've upgraded to flat screen TVs offering a good selection of programs and music. There's free wi-fi too. The hot showers are still the best in Ireland and no one can match the O'Neills' made-to-order breakfasts which are gourmet delicious. Their coffee is superb too. Ann and Michael's sincere and warm welcome make you feel instantly at home and they are a wealth of information about everything - sights to see, roads to take, restaurants and more. Their daughters, Ciara and Amy, are just as polite and welcoming as their parents. This is a 'must stop here' place to visit again and again.

Room Tip: Any room you choose offers excellence.