All reviews special requests irish countryside her husband breakfast was delicious places to visit other guests place to stay county clare annette goldie host cliffs moher village ireland burren galway
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We stayed two nights at LRL: the view was awesome, on the Burren and sea view in the distance (very windy!). The owner was very helpful and gave us lots of infos about local sightseeings and pubs (there was also a booklet in the room). Excellent breakfast, with a choice between full Irish and smoked salmon with scrambled eggs, plus cheese, ham, cornflakes &co etc. The room at 1st floor was very spacious, including a comfortable wardrobe, and the furniture of a high-quality standard. No credit cards accepted, take care 'cause in the village there is no cash machine and bank.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2016

My son, daughter and I had the most pleasurable stay at Loughrask Lodge last September. The B & B is located in a scenic, lovely expanse of Irish countryside that makes you feel like you're going back in time. Our room was immaculate and so pretty with the wood work and decor. Annette and her husband are excellent hosts and provided the most amazing breakfast imaginable. The cereal breakfast bar was plentiful, hot breakfast prepared perfectly all served in the cozy, dining room with a nice picture window view of the landscape.
I would absolutely love to stay here on another trip to Ireland. Highly recommend!
I would de

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Annette's father-in-law was there to welcome us in her absence. The room & bathroom was clean and spacious. The view from our window was spectacular. The sunset (which I had trouble getting used to happening at 9:30) was out of this world. We met Annette on our way out to dinner in town. She provided us some suggestions and showed us where to order our breakfast for the morning. Breakfast was very good

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
aflanagan77, Owner at Loughrask Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

From my 3year old to my 16 year old, and their grandparents, we had a very enjoyable trip. Annette is a fabulous host. Nothing was too much trouble. She recommended family friendly places to visit and the whole family enjoyed these.
Rooms are very clean and suitable.
My excited 3yr old was sick. I felt a little bit embarrassed but Annette was very reassuring, replaced bedding and cleaned room immediately.
Varied choice for breakfast and all 4 children chose something different and were very complimentary. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2016

This was my first time staying in a B&B, and nonetheless it was overseas. I was delighted! My room was gorgeous with a glorious view of the green pastures of Ireland stretching into the mountains. The room was spacious, clean, and of modern decor - although very customary of the Irish woodwork and finishes which I found to be warm, cozy, and somewhat rustic. I loved it! The bed was comfortable and the food was fantastic! The smoked salmon breakfast was truly amazing! And the French pressed coffee was also a great touch that you don't see often in the States. Annette does a fabulous job and makes you feel just at home. We shared some great conversations.

Ballyvaughan is just 2 km away -- literally within walking distance, and it is the most charming little village! I fell in love with this area of Ireland and when I come back I plan to stay here again. If you're looking for a getaway in Ireland that is tranquil, cozy, and gorgeous -- with all the amenities and yet close to town, this is definitely one you need to consider! You won't regret it!

Thank you Annette, for a fantastic time! Such a pleasure knowing you. I look forward to returning someday!

Room Tip: All the rooms are gorgeous. Choose between ocean and prairie views.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
aflanagan77, Owner at Loughrask Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Thank you so much very your lovely review I hope to meet you again soon.