I happened into this hotel while exploring the Burren. The weather had turned wet as it often does in Ireland, and I walked inside to escape it and grab a bite to eat. a cosy sitting area with a real peat/turf fire in the fireplace lured me in, and then there were delicious smells wafting from the kitchen. I looked at the dining room then longingly back at the comfy sofa by the fire, and Jennifer who was at the desk graciously suggested that I could have my dinner there if I liked. Just what I wanted, but hadn't thought I could! After having what truly was the best stew and mashed potatoes I have ever eaten, I decided to spend the night instead of pressing on to Galway. The room was huge, warm quiet and spotlessly clean. There was an atrium outside my room and a nice airy feeling about the place, and yet everything about the hotel was comfy and traditional looking. I stopped into the pub which as it happened was the only one in town playing traditional music that night, and was delighted to see some of the locals dancing or joining in for a tune or two. It just was overall a warm friendly relaxed place but much more posh then I would have expected to find in a small town. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful with a full Irish breakfast and fruit, yogurt, pastries, juices and cereals while you were waiting for it. I was not hungry again until supper time! I have to mention that I was very impressed by how incredibly busy, cheerful, accommodating, and competent Jennifer was, it seemed like she had endless energy and never made me feel like my requests were any trouble at all. I will definitely stay there again and would recommend it to family and friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque village of Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare which is the mid point of the Wild Atlantic Way, the Hylands Burren Hotel is family owned and managed by the Quinn family. Our team at the Hylands Burren is completely customer focused and a "nothing is too much attitude" prevails throughout the hotel. A warm welcome of an open fire mixed with the tranquility of bygone charm and traditional Irish hospitality will greet you upon arrival at the Hylands Burren Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hylands Burren Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hylands Burren
- Hylands Burren Ballyvaughan
- Hylands Burren Hotel Ballyvaughan, Ireland - The Burren