We enjoyed another return two-night visit to Hyland's, a long-established hotel well located in the centre of Ballyvaughan and a good base for touring the northern Burren.
Room size varies. This time, we had a large one in the 'new' wing. Furniture and toiletries were adequate if unexciting. Only a few TV channels were available.
The breakfast buffet was rather basic and the room rather dark but the cooked-to-order hot food was excellent and substantial. Food service ends surprisingly early in the evening but there are nearby alternatives. The bar area seemed quieter than we remembered from previous visits and no longer as 'atmospheric'.
WiFi is free but it didn’t reach all rooms, including ours. There is free - unsecured - car parking close by. All the staff we met were helpful and pleasant.
We rate Hyland's three star plus and see it as the best choice in the area for the average traveller (Gregan's Castle is a luxury resort) - but it's a base, not a destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque village of Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare which is the mid point of the Wild Atlantic Way, the Hylands Burren Hotel is family owned and managed by the Quinn family. Our team at the Hylands Burren is completely customer focused and a "nothing is too much attitude" prevails throughout the hotel. A warm welcome of an open fire mixed with the tranquility of bygone charm and traditional Irish hospitality will greet you upon arrival at the Hylands Burren Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hylands Burren Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hylands Burren
- Hylands Burren Ballyvaughan
- Hylands Burren Hotel Ballyvaughan, Ireland - The Burren