we had the pleasure of staying at the hylands several years ago and it is still one of our fondest memories. we had been staying at the grafton plaza in dublin and assumed that we would be sacrificing creature comforts for the scenic beauty of the west. we couldn't have been more wrong. the rooms were spacious w/comfortable beds. the staff was very pleasant and professional. and the food was amazing. the pub fare was hearty and well seasoned, but it was the dinners in the front restaurant that stole the show. the lamb was the best i have ever eaten and the baked (or was it fried?) brie w/a raspberry sauce was, in a word, trancendant. the scenery around the hylands was breathtaking- i have never seen a place as hauntingly beautiful as the burren. definately see the cliffs of mohr and take a trip to the ailwee cave and cheesemakers(odd combination, granted) neat cave- outstanding cheese. there is excellent shopping in nearby doolin as well. if you are trvelling in the south galway bay area, or anywhere else in the west for that matter, you would be doing yourself a grave disservice to miss out on the hospitality of the hylands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque village of Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare which is the mid point of the Wild Atlantic Way, the Hylands Burren Hotel is family owned and managed by the Quinn family. Our team at the Hylands Burren is completely customer focused and a "nothing is too much attitude" prevails throughout the hotel. A warm welcome of an open fire mixed with the tranquility of bygone charm and traditional Irish hospitality will greet you upon arrival at the Hylands Burren Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hylands Burren Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hylands Burren
- Hylands Burren Ballyvaughan
- Hylands Burren Hotel Ballyvaughan, Ireland - The Burren