arrived at gregans in the afternoon for lunch and was immediately impressed with the welcoming we got fro the hotel owner. we wrer made feel very welcome and our bags were sent to our room. we had dinner that evening and the whole eating experience was sacond to none, food was beautifully cooked and presented, not hard to see why it has won so many awards. we
really enjoyed our stay and we will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views across Galway Bay and idyllically situated overlooking the unique Burren landscape, this is the ultimate luxury and gourmet hideaway. Simon and Frederieke together with their staff manage this oasis of comfort and offer genuine Irish hospitality, award winning innovative cooking and elegant bedrooms free from the intrusion of televisions. Antiques, an eclectic art collection, open fires, candles, jugs of flowers and Shelley the cat add to the indulgently relaxing atmosphere. The hotel while strictly not a "castle" in the usual sense of the word has been named "Gregans Castle" since it was built in 1750 as a more comfortable residence for the O'Loughlen and Martyn families from the nearby 16th century towerhouse. Located on the Wild Atlantic Way and the Burren Food Trail. The ideal location from which to enjoy the Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Walking, Cycling, the Aran Islands, Horse Riding, Surfing, Sea Angling, Golf. Members of The Burren Ecotourism Network. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gregans Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gregans Castle Ballyvaughan
- Hotel Gregans Castle
- Gregans Castle Hotel Ballyvaughan, Ireland - The Burren