Spent a celebratory weekend here last weekend and absolutely loved the place, people and hotel. The hotel is old worldly and is so peaceful and relaxing, the views over the Bjurren from our hotel room was truly amazing, the staff are so welcoming and accommodating and nothing is too much trouble. The food in the restaurant is to die for, no wonder it won best hotel restaurant in ireland 2014 amazing food!!! We went on a guided walk of the Burren which the hotel organised for us and to be honest this was for me the highlight of the weekend, the guide was a fund of information and was great craic we spent 31/2 hours on the Burren and had the most fabulous afternoon thanks to our guide Shane Connolly and Gregans Castle hotel who organised it. I couldn't recommend Gregans Castle Hotel highly enough, if you get the opportunity to visit the Burren make sure you spent some time in Gregans Castle Hotel, I promise you will not be dissappointed!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views across Galway Bay and idyllically situated overlooking the unique Burren landscape, this is the ultimate luxury and gourmet hideaway. Simon and Frederieke together with their staff manage this oasis of comfort and offer genuine Irish hospitality, award winning innovative cooking and elegant bedrooms free from the intrusion of televisions. Antiques, an eclectic art collection, open fires, candles, jugs of flowers and Shelley the cat add to the indulgently relaxing atmosphere. The hotel while strictly not a "castle" in the usual sense of the word has been named "Gregans Castle" since it was built in 1750 as a more comfortable residence for the O'Loughlen and Martyn families from the nearby 16th century towerhouse. Located on the Wild Atlantic Way and the Burren Food Trail. The ideal location from which to enjoy the Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Walking, Cycling, the Aran Islands, Horse Riding, Surfing, Sea Angling, Golf. Members of The Burren Ecotourism Network. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gregans Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gregans Castle Ballyvaughan
- Hotel Gregans Castle
- Gregans Castle Hotel Ballyvaughan, Ireland - The Burren